Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
You can change the default sending address in XenForo Email options page to change it. Make sure to use an address with the configured domain or the xenforo@domain.com address will be used.

Yeah, you can test it by creating a fake account with bounced address. It should be put into bounced state within a day.
Example of a bounced address?

Yes, I just tried it.
I also run the cron manually to see if it works.
But not.
Have you started a conversation with the account or something? Also, you need to check Mandrill log to see if they report the address as bounced. Their intelligent system may not detect an address as bounced after one email so you may need to start many conversations for example.

Reactions: rdn
You can change the default sending address in XenForo Email options page to change it. Make sure to use an address with the configured domain or the xenforo@domain.com address will be used.

Yeah, you can test it by creating a fake account with bounced address. It should be put into bounced state within a day.

can u show me the option in pic so i can know where is it !! to change it

sorry to bother u

Here you go.

u mean the first option right ?!

i will try to change it and see cuz i was using another email there i will try to change it with

name@api-domain

---------------

after trying its not working its show xenforo@mailg.8lbiuae.com
and in email option i wrote .. 8lbiuae@mailg.8lbiuae.com

and i try to send msg and pc but same thing !! its show xenforo@mailg.8lbiuae.com

u mean the first option right ?!

i will try to change it and see cuz i was using another email there i will try to change it with

name@api-domain

---------------

after trying its not working its show xenforo@mailg.8lbiuae.com
and in email option i wrote .. 8lbiuae@mailg.8lbiuae.com

and i try to send msg and pc but same thing !! its show xenforo@mailg.8lbiuae.com
It doesn't work for me as well. And my email is configured at the intended line, but still sends from xenforo@domain.com

I had a large amount of "hard" bounced emails today sending my newsletter. Question, people who login in via Facebook, will that effect any emails sent to them as far as "hard bounce" or does it even send to them? Just trying to figure why suddenly I have so many hard bounces.

Reactions: rdn
I had a large amount of "hard" bounced emails today sending my newsletter. Question, people who login in via Facebook, will that effect any emails sent to them as far as "hard bounce" or does it even send to them? Just trying to figure why suddenly I have so many hard bounces.
Facebook users are not treated differently in anyway. As long as their user state is valid, they will be sent emails with XenForo email system. Depending on your newsletter system, it may be different though.

About mandrill, If I will not use this addon, and use their SMTP, What Encryption Should I use?
  • None
  • TLS
  • SSL

Is it possible to let Bounced Users still use the forum with normal access but always display to them a notice that they will be need to update their email address to get normal access.
Can you add that feature/option @xfrocks? Thanks!

Hey @xfrocks I just recently realized that my emails are getting spammed so I installed this. I am mobile and dont have the time to read through all the pages here. I signed up for mandrill and plugged in the api key in the options. Do I need to do anything else on the Mandrill options? I'm getting test errors for SPF and DKIM

Hey @xfrocks I just recently realized that my emails are getting spammed so I installed this. I am mobile and dont have the time to read through all the pages here. I signed up for mandrill and plugged in the api key in the options. Do I need to do anything else on the Mandrill options? I'm getting test errors for SPF and DKIM
Yes, you have to configure those entries on your domain.

Top Bottom