Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
I need to send all my users a monthly email with some news about the site, and I need to use an external email provider to do it.
As there is no mail chimp thing to sync users and be able to use that, I think this add on is a good solution. Can I use the Xenforo admin feature to mail all users with this and all mails will go through mandrill ? (6k users)

With some other mailing lists you have to compose from the service itself, it seems this one lets compose from Xenforo itself but routing the mails to the external provider, is that correct ?

Thanks.

Since installing this, the member total in Forum Statistics dropped by the number of users with email addresses that bounce. How do I get that number back in the total while retaining bd mails' bounce handling? Thanks.

Since installing this, the member total in Forum Statistics dropped by the number of users with email addresses that bounce. How do I get that number back in the total while retaining bd mails' bounce handling? Thanks.
I'm afraid that cannot be changed. Sorry.

I just install and try a mail, this is what I get:

Code:
Info del error
Xenforum_Exception: [bd] Mails: Sending mail failed, log is available at /home/mysite/public_html/forum/internal_data/bdmails_1409308169_8bcceefb9068.log - library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php:75
Generado por: Peter, Hace un momento

Seguimiento
#0 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php(61): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_bdMails_log(Array, '{"status":"erro...', false, Array)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_sendMail()
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Xenforum/ControllerAdmin/User.php(1029): Zend_Mail->send(Object(bdMails_Transport_Mandrill))
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Xenforum/ControllerAdmin/User.php(922): Xenforum_ControllerAdmin_User->_sendEmail(Array, Array, Object(bdMails_Transport_Mandrill))
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Xenforum/FrontController.php(347): Xenforum_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend()
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Xenforum/FrontController.php(134): Xenforum_FrontController->dispatch(Object(Xenforum_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/admin.php(13): Xenforum_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Estado de la solicitud
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(52) "http://site.com/forum/admin.php?users/email-send"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["users/email-send"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["test"] => string(23) "Enviar e-mail de prueba"
    ["criteria"] => string(136) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","username":"Peter","user_group_id":"3","no_secondary_group_ids":"1","user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"]}"
    ["total"] => string(1) "1"
    ["from_name"] => string(13) "site.com"
    ["from_email"] => string(19) "site@gmail.com"
    ["email_title"] => string(4) "hola"
    ["email_format"] => string(4) "text"
    ["email_body"] => string(26) "http://site.com/forum/"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

What can the problem be ?

Thank you.

I just install and try a mail, this is what I get:

Code:
Info del error
Xenforum_Exception: [bd] Mails: Sending mail failed, log is available at /home/mysite/public_html/forum/internal_data/bdmails_1409308169_8bcceefb9068.log - library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php:75
Generado por: Peter, Hace un momento

Seguimiento
#0 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php(61): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_bdMails_log(Array, '{"status":"erro...', false, Array)
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_sendMail()
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Xenforum/ControllerAdmin/User.php(1029): Zend_Mail->send(Object(bdMails_Transport_Mandrill))
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Xenforum/ControllerAdmin/User.php(922): Xenforum_ControllerAdmin_User->_sendEmail(Array, Array, Object(bdMails_Transport_Mandrill))
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Xenforum/FrontController.php(347): Xenforum_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend()
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/library/Xenforum/FrontController.php(134): Xenforum_FrontController->dispatch(Object(Xenforum_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/forum/admin.php(13): Xenforum_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Estado de la solicitud
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(52) "http://site.com/forum/admin.php?users/email-send"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["users/email-send"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["test"] => string(23) "Enviar e-mail de prueba"
    ["criteria"] => string(136) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","username":"Peter","user_group_id":"3","no_secondary_group_ids":"1","user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"]}"
    ["total"] => string(1) "1"
    ["from_name"] => string(13) "site.com"
    ["from_email"] => string(19) "site@gmail.com"
    ["email_title"] => string(4) "hola"
    ["email_format"] => string(4) "text"
    ["email_body"] => string(26) "http://site.com/forum/"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

What can the problem be ?

Thank you.
Please open the file at
/home/mysite/public_html/forum/internal_data/bdmails_1409308169_8bcceefb9068.log

Please open the file at
/home/mysite/public_html/forum/internal_data/bdmails_1409308169_8bcceefb9068.log

I have this:

Code:
array (
  0 =>
  array (
    'to' =>
    array (
      0 =>
      array (
        'email' => 'site@gmail.com',
      ),
    ),
    'headers' =>
    array (
      'Message-Id' => '<5aeb6d2a60af2948123944648a713bf50534e403@site.com>',
      'Content-Transfer-Encoding' => 'quoted-printable',
      'Content-Disposition' => 'inline',
    ),
    'from_email' => 'xenforo@http://site.com',
    'from_name' => 'site.com',
    'subject' => 'hola',
    'text' => 'http://site.com/forum/',
  ),
  1 => '{"status":"error","code":-2,"name":"ValidationError","message":"Validation error: {\\"message\\":{\\"from_email\\":\\"The domain portion of the email address is invalid (the portion after the @: http:\\\\\\/\\\\\\/site.com)\\"}}"}',
  2 => false,
  3 =>
  array (
    'microtime' => 0.243814945220947265625,
  ),
)

The domain has to be without http:// in the setup ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
With unsubscribe if a user does it, what happens ?

In their account privacy the receive mailing gets unchecked ?

I ask because if they unsubscribe and they just get off the list of the service, when changing external mail service they will be subscribed again.

Anyone knows how it works ?

Thanks.

With unsubscribe if a user does it, what happens ?

In their account privacy the receive mailing gets unchecked ?

I ask because if they unsubscribe and they just get off the list of the service, when changing external mail service they will be subscribed again.

Anyone knows how it works ?

Thanks.
Which unsubscribe feature are you talking about? If you meant the link at the bottom of the email, it is managed by XenForo, not the service (therefore changing service will not subscribe user again).

Which unsubscribe feature are you talking about? If you meant the link at the bottom of the email, it is managed by XenForo, not the service (therefore changing service will not subscribe user again).

That one yes, the include unsubscribe option for the mails. Just wanted to be sure that it was from the forum itself.

Thank you.

I saw the option include unsubscribe link before sending the mail, I did not include it.

Now that I am trying to send another mail, I want to include that unsubscribe link, but the option disappeared and it seems it does not exist in Xenforo. Where is that option, I am not able to find it anywhere.

Thanks.

I saw the option include unsubscribe link before sending the mail, I did not include it.

Now that I am trying to send another mail, I want to include that unsubscribe link, but the option disappeared and it seems it does not exist in Xenforo. Where is that option, I am not able to find it anywhere.

Thanks.
I think you remembered it wrong. The option is in the external provider's website, not XenForo's.

I think you remembered it wrong. The option is in the external provider's website, not XenForo's.

But then what I asked above is correct, the unsubscribe option in the external service will unsubscribe users from receiving, but as soon as I change external service, all the forum members will be subscribed again.

How does the "if you don't want to receive this mails, go to privacy in your account and uncheck receive site mailings." appear then ? There is no option at all to have that displayed in the mail ? (Of course I can add it) I mean the styled footer XF includes usually in the alert mails.

Thanks.

Top Bottom