Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
But then what I asked above is correct, the unsubscribe option in the external service will unsubscribe users from receiving, but as soon as I change external service, all the forum members will be subscribed again.

How does the "if you don't want to receive this mails, go to privacy in your account and uncheck receive site mailings." appear then ? There is no option at all to have that displayed in the mail ? (Of course I can add it) I mean the styled footer XF includes usually in the alert mails.

Thanks.
They are 2 different unsubscribe feature. If you use the one managed by external provider, the user preference will not be used if you switch provider.
If you use the one managed by XenForo, the preference will work all the time.

The footer is included for email sent out by XenForo (watch emails etc.) and there is no option to turn it on or off.

I think there is the problem I have. I am not using the external unsubscribe, just Xenforo, but there is nothing sent and no footer, just what I wrote in the mail box... How can that footer disappeared ?

I will do a search, because it has nothing to do with the add-on then. Thanks a lot xfrocks.

I think there is the problem I have. I am not using the external unsubscribe, just Xenforo, but there is nothing sent and no footer, just what I wrote in the mail box... How can that footer disappeared ?

I will do a search, because it has nothing to do with the add-on then. Thanks a lot xfrocks.
Oh, if you write the email in the send email tool in AdminCP, footer is not included for those emails.

is it need to wait until cron ? Because I tested using Mandril, change tester id with faulty email, pm the tester, got soft bounce, resend, and got hard bounce after that still no notice message

using latest 1.3.5, please advise..

thanks in advance

is it need to wait until cron ? Because I tested using Mandril, change tester id with faulty email, pm the tester, got soft bounce, resend, and got hard bounce after that still no notice message

using latest 1.3.5, please advise..

thanks in advance
Bounced processing is done in cron. So yes, if you want to test that feature, you need to wait a bit.

I am running this add-on and have just been made aware of a problem.

A user's email server went down, and he was moved by this add-on into the Email invalid (bounced) user state.

The mail server came back up.

He logged on to my site and got the "Please update your email." message. He went to his account details, re-entered the same email, clicked save.

He still gets the "Please update your email." message.

Endless loop. Catch 22.

Any solution?

I verified the problem myself with a test user.

I am running this add-on and have just been made aware of a problem.

A user's email server went down, and he was moved by this add-on into the Email invalid (bounced) user state.

The mail server came back up.

He logged on to my site and got the "Please update your email." message. He went to his account details, re-entered the same email, clicked save.

He still gets the "Please update your email." message.

Endless loop. Catch 22.

Any solution?

I verified the problem myself with a test user.
The add-on will prevent user from reuse the same email address. Did your user save the new email successfully?

The add-on will prevent user from reuse the same email address. Did your user save the new email successfully?

I do not think I communicated the situation properly. There is no reason for the user to use another email address. His one and only email address went down temporarily, long enough for this add on to flag it as invalid. When the email server came back up, the system would not let him re enter the same address, which was once again working. Ergo, he was stuck in an impossible situation.

I do not think I communicated the situation properly. There is no reason for the user to use another email address. His one and only email address went down temporarily, long enough for this add on to flag it as invalid. When the email server came back up, the system would not let him re enter the same address, which was once again working. Ergo, he was stuck in an impossible situation.
Yeah, it sounds like the behavior of the add-on now. In this rare case, I think a staff should just edit the account for him. Enter the old address and switch the user state maybe?

Also, I have just recently become aware that users flagged by this add on are unable to post! I see no reason why the forum should be locked to them. Can I turn this aspect off?

Also, I have just recently become aware that users flagged by this add on are unable to post! I see no reason why the forum should be locked to them. Can I turn this aspect off?
When an email is unverified, the account has permission of user group "Unregistered / Unconfirmed", that may explain why the post permission is revoked.

Btw, I have just checked the add-on. Admin may need to change to another address before changing back to the right address for it to work. Hmm, maybe I need to improve this.

Top Bottom