Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
Email to twiqolia@hotmail.com failed: Unable to Connect to ssl://mandrillapp.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Email to twiqolia@hotmail.com failed: Unable to Connect to ssl://mandrillapp.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235

--------

Unable to Connect to ssl://mandrillapp.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://mandrillapp.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution -library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235

I m getting too many errors like these and, errors was started when upgraded to 1.3.
Your server is unable to perform a DNS lookup correctly. You need to make sure that your /etc/resolve.conf file is correctly populated.

Email to twiqolia@hotmail.com failed: Unable to Connect to ssl://mandrillapp.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Email to twiqolia@hotmail.com failed: Unable to Connect to ssl://mandrillapp.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235

--------

Unable to Connect to ssl://mandrillapp.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://mandrillapp.com:443. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution -library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235

I m getting too many errors like these and, errors was started when upgraded to 1.3.

As @MattW mentioned, you are having issue with server network. Contact your server provider for support.

As @MattW mentioned, you are having issue with server network. Contact your server provider for support.
When i change the mail options on xenforo default mail settings,
if i enter smtp.mandrillapp.com , panel gives same error

But if i write the ip adress (54.220.92.193) of the smtp.mandrillapp.com ; no problem.

So;
May i change the "ssl://mandrillapp.com:443" adress to just ip adress of this web adress ?
I can edit your file as 54.220.92.193:443 instead of mandrillapp.com:443

So problem fix

But if i write the ip adress (54.220.92.193) of the smtp.mandrillapp.com ; no problem.

So;
May i change the "ssl://mandrillapp.com:443" adress to just ip adress of this web adress ?

So problem fix
You should not do that. Mandrill can change their IP or use different servers in the future (in different data center for improved latency etc.). You should fix the core issue which is your server network / resolver. Contact your server provider for that.

So;

So problem fix
Is this your own server / vps, or a managed solution? Either way, your server is unable to correctly perform a DNS lookup, so other things won't be working correctly either (how is it going to update itself if it can't resolve the yum/apt repos?).

xfrocks, correct me if im wrong:

From user perspective, the sender will contiue being the same as It ever been but they wont recieve my website's emails as "spam" anymore ? Im just releasing a board this week so I need to keep a good attention to this since the volume of new users is going to be big at this very start

xfrocks, correct me if im wrong:

From user perspective, the sender will contiue being the same as It ever been but they wont recieve my website's emails as "spam" anymore ? Im just releasing a board this week so I need to keep a good attention to this since the volume of new users is going to be big at this very start
The sender won't notice anything different. And yes, using external provider should make your emails less likely to go into spam.

Do you have plans for the future to support POP3? I have a separate (my own) email server and would like to use this as opposed to Freddy's House mod (which supports POP3), since it seems that mod doesn't take into account the new bounced email option in 1.3 and he doesn't appear to be supporting it.

Also, if there were no current plans, is there any way to fund this to make it happen? I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like this. Anyone with a big board probably would have a tough time sending out mass amounts of emails using those services based on the pricing (unless they are making a lot of money, but the gaming niche doesn't pay all too well).

Do you have plans for the future to support POP3? I have a separate (my own) email server and would like to use this as opposed to Freddy's House mod (which supports POP3), since it seems that mod doesn't take into account the new bounced email option in 1.3 and he doesn't appear to be supporting it.

Also, if there were no current plans, is there any way to fund this to make it happen? I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like this. Anyone with a big board probably would have a tough time sending out mass amounts of emails using those services based on the pricing (unless they are making a lot of money, but the gaming niche doesn't pay all too well).
There is no such plan, sorry.
Regarding funding, I think XenForo dev is planning to do this themselves given that they added the new user state. So I won't take the risk and try to do it myself...

What's the reason of this error/problems?
upload_2014-4-1_21-42-14.webp
And How to fix it?
Emails are working fine, I received most of my alerts.
I only got those error sometimes.

Yes it is how it works.
Now with xf 1.3 and the new user state "bounced" bd mails still delete the email from the ACP?
Is it possibile to maintain the email address visible in the admin.php?users/user.id/edit page?
I think that xf 1.3 doesn't send email to users with bounced user state right?

Now with xf 1.3 and the new user state "bounced" bd mails still delete the email from the ACP?
Is it possibile to maintain the email address visible in the admin.php?users/user.id/edit page?
I think that xf 1.3 doesn't send email to users with bounced user state right?
Email address is not longer got reset as of XenForo 1.3, only user state is updated to "email_bounce".

Top Bottom