Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
That's weird, I keep getting such errors often;

PHP:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Email to xxxx@gmail.com failed: Read timed out after 10 seconds -library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:512
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 8:58 PM

Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php(330): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->_checkSocketReadTimeout()
#1 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(989): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->read()
#2 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/bdMails/Transport/Mailgun.php(96): Zend_Http_Client->request('POST')
#3 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php(31): bdMails_Transport_Mailgun->_bdMails_sendMail()
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_sendMail()
#5 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(79): Zend_Mail->send(Object(bdMails_Transport_Mailgun))
#7 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.99999785423)
#8 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999785423, '')
#9 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999785423, '', false)
#10 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#11 /home/xxxx/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#12 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(34) "http://orojackson.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(97) "/conversations/warung-bakso-ojers-indonesia-%E2%95%AE-%E2%95%AF_%E2%95%B0-%E2%95%AD.6529/page-103"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I also have these errors with mailgun.

I dont get any ACP error with mailgun.
Now I had today 3 errors:

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Email to xxx failed: Unable to Connect to ssl://api.mailgun.net:443. Error #0: -library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Email to xxx failed: Unable to Connect to ssl://api.mailgun.net:443. Error #110: Connection timed out -library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235

How can i disable the log files to internal_data folder ? Because i see too many file also server error log everyday. @xfrocks
Anyone know that ? Especially @xfrocks ?

I see every time bd mails sending failed posts on the "server error logs". I think you should move them separately to log area on admin panel. Also, there are too many log files on internal_data folder. I don't want them except i want ( You can add an option like that enable/disable debug mod in your plugin options)

I am using gmail for the bounced email address and am a bit confused on how to get it to work with "Enable variable bounced email address values". In the bd mails admin area it says:

"This option requires that the specified bounce account is a catch-all account or supports a "+" as a wildcard separator (such as in Gmail)."

How do I configure that in Gmail?

Appreciate any help.

Can someone please provide info on how to setup Amazon SNS for SES bounce processing in a bit more detail?
+1

I need help with this too. I set up SNS with an email response and XF bounce processing picked up the email but could not figure out what to do with it. So then I set it up with an endpoint, endpoint confirmed, but it did not process the bounces.

Could really use some help. Dont want to get kicked off Amazon for not being able to process the bounces. :(

I need to increase the send limit to send more emails per loop. I am using Mailgun which automatically queues the messages. They can accept 1000 email messages per API call. When I send out my newsletter it is taking 5 hours for Xenforo to complete the task. How can I increase the amount of emails sent per loop? It seems it is at about 100 now per loop. How can I make it 999?

Thanks!

@xfrocks - with the new SES update for the bounce handling via SNS topics, do we still need to have anything configured inside the email options for bounce handling, or does your addon now handle all this directly?

Any reply @xfrocks? I've had bounces reported by AWS, but nothing reported in the bounce logs for XenForo. Should we still have a bounce email address set up to see the bounce logs?

I've tried it both ways, with the bounce email address set up and without. Either way, I have bounces reported by AWS but nothing in the Xenforo bounce logs.

I just got my first bounce log entry. It was handled directly by the addon without making use of the email I had set up for bounces.

SES stats show 18 total bounces for the past week, but only this hard bounce showed in my bounce log.

I need help with this too. I set up SNS with an email response and XF bounce processing picked up the email but could not figure out what to do with it. So then I set it up with an endpoint, endpoint confirmed, but it did not process the bounces.

I don't see any responses to these messages. Have these issues been resolved, or ongoing/remaining issues?
It would appear that this add-on doesn't help with Amazon SES bounce processing at all?

I don't see any responses to these messages. Have these issues been resolved, or ongoing/remaining issues?
It would appear that this add-on doesn't help with Amazon SES bounce processing at all?

As far as I can tell, it works fine.

Sparkpost now offers 100,000 free emails per month!
Please add support for sparkpost in this addon as it is impossible to handle bounce emails with Sparkpost without API.

Could you please explain how you set it up for it to work with bounce notifications?
You need to setup 2 SNS topics, one for bounces and one for complains. Then add subscriptions with HTTP endpoints (under both topics) and then enable bounce processing in the add-on.

Alternatively, you can set the endpoint to send email to a specific address and make a free gmail account and use that for XenForo's default bounce processing which I believe is better cause unlike this add-on, it forces user to change address (as opposed to suggesting it like this app).

You need to setup 2 SNS topics, one for bounces and one for complains. Then add subscriptions with HTTP endpoints (under both topics) and then enable bounce processing in the add-on.

Alternatively, you can set the endpoint to send email to a specific address and make a free gmail account and use that for XenForo's default bounce processing which I believe is better cause unlike this add-on, it forces user to change address (as opposed to suggesting it like this app).
I tried both ways and could not get it to work. :(

Do you, or anyone else, have SNS bounce topic setup like this? I cannot get this to work - Xenforo polls/retrieves the bounces from gmail account, but doesn't process them. The bounce log shows the bounce email, but no action taken.

I tried both ways and could not get it to work. :(
I would suggest use my alternate method in that case. I don't use this add-on anymore so can't assist with that.
EDIT: If you are using email endpoint in SNS, you need to send via SES SMTP. This does NOT works with API.
Do you, or anyone else, have SNS bounce topic setup like this? I cannot get this to work - Xenforo polls/retrieves the bounces from gmail account, but doesn't process them. The bounce log shows the bounce email, but no action taken.
That's because the bounce forwards are coming from Amazon which XenForo doesn't recognises. Add your same bounce address in XenForo bounce address and enable VERP. Also make sure the bounce address is verified in Amazon for this to work. Then the bounce emails (still via SMTP) will be generated by XenForo (with VERP) and that XenForo will obviously recognize.

That's because the bounce forwards are coming from Amazon which XenForo doesn't recognises. Add your same bounce address in XenForo bounce address and enable VERP. Also make sure the bounce address is verified in Amazon for this to work. Then the bounce emails (still via SMTP) will be generated by XenForo (with VERP) and that XenForo will obviously recognize.
Yes, I have this all setup but XenForo still won't process the bounces send via Amazon SES.
In the XF bounce log, no Recipient is shown, Type in Unknown, and Action is None.

Top Bottom