Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
@xfrocks - with the new SES update for the bounce handling via SNS topics, do we still need to have anything configured inside the email options for bounce handling, or does your addon now handle all this directly?

Anyone know what the send rate would be using [bd] Mails to send out a weekly digest to 4000 members via Amazon SES using this addon? Is the send rate determined by [bd] Mails or by Xenforo itself?

I just switched from Mandrill to Amazon SES and have a maximum send rate of 28 messages per second with SES. Not sure if that will work.

hi @xfrocks
i just update and now i don't have bd mail cron job anymore, is it normal?

also i have this red line "According to system records, SNS hasn't been setup."
i setup SNS correctly in aws with the link you provide in bd-mail and active bounces and complaints in domains. But still this line?

is it because i don't have cron job? when i reinstall 0.9.4, i have the cron job but not in the last release

Any help
thank you

@Biarritz64 - I don't see a cron job either, but in my case the red line you mentioned went away for me once I set up SNS.

i try everything, does not work for me

Also there is a bug with the new update and cache
Code:
Zend_Cache_Exception: cache_dir must be a directory - library/Zend/Cache.php:209

here is my cach setting
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] ['cache_dir'] = 'internal_data/cache';
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] ['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';

here is the error code
Code:
#0 /home/myweb/www/library/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php(154): Zend_Cache::throwException('cache_dir must ...')
#1 /home/myweb/www/library/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php(121): Zend_Cache_Backend_File->setCacheDir('internal_data/c...')
#2 /home/myweb/www/library/Zend/Cache.php(153): Zend_Cache_Backend_File->__construct(Array)
#3 /home/myweb/www/library/Zend/Cache.php(94): Zend_Cache::_makeBackend('File', Array, false, false)
#4 /home/myweb/www/library/XenForo/Application.php(763): Zend_Cache::factory('Core', 'File', Array, Array)
#5 /home/myweb/www/library/XenForo/Application.php(973): XenForo_Application->loadCache(Object(Zend_Config))
#6 /home/myweb/www/library/XenForo/Application.php(1004): XenForo_Application->lazyLoad('cache', NULL)
#7 /home/myweb/www/library/XenForo/Application.php(1649): XenForo_Application::get('cache')
#8 /home/myweb/www/library/XenForo/Model.php(146): XenForo_Application::getCache()
#9 /home/myweb/www/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(26): XenForo_Model->_getCache(true)
#10 /home/myweb/www/library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php(200): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get('bdMails_subscri...')
#11 /home/myweb/www/library/bdMails/Transport/AmazonSes.php(103): bdMails_Transport_Abstract::_getSubscriptions()
#12 /home/myweb/www/bdmails/amazon.php(5): bdMails_Transport_AmazonSes::doSns()
#13 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(48) "http://www.mywebsite.com/bdmails/amazon.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

i try to remove my cache setting but still the red line
Any idea?

@xfrocks - with the new SES update for the bounce handling via SNS topics, do we still need to have anything configured inside the email options for bounce handling, or does your addon now handle all this directly?
Any reply @xfrocks? I've had bounces reported by AWS, but nothing reported in the bounce logs for XenForo. Should we still have a bounce email address set up to see the bounce logs?

Any reply @xfrocks? I've had bounces reported by AWS, but nothing reported in the bounce logs for XenForo. Should we still have a bounce email address set up to see the bounce logs?

I've tried it both ways, with the bounce email address set up and without. Either way, I have bounces reported by AWS but nothing in the Xenforo bounce logs.

bounce.webp

You should really stop sending mail to broken addresses!
I'm using mandrill + mailgun with [bd]Mails add-on also enabled the bounce mail processing. So, it will pause to sending mail to broken addresses itself. Don't worry mate...

These errors are just coming from my old members (so they are very old and deactivated mail addresses in time). That is normal because we have about 2.6million members...

So please don't judge me as spammer!

There are services which lets you mass check email addresses. You should do this and deactivate all members with broken addresses. Sending to broken adresses in the amount you seem to do is not very elegant.

I just got my first bounce log entry. It was handled directly by the addon without making use of the email I had set up for bounces.

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 10.51.43 AM.webp
Clicking on "View Original" gave me this info:

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 10.51.24 AM.webp

SES stats show 18 total bounces for the past week, but only this hard bounce showed in my bounce log.

That's weird, I keep getting such errors often;

PHP:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Email to xxxx@gmail.com failed: Read timed out after 10 seconds -library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:512
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 8:58 PM

Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php(330): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->_checkSocketReadTimeout()
#1 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(989): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->read()
#2 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/bdMails/Transport/Mailgun.php(96): Zend_Http_Client->request('POST')
#3 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php(31): bdMails_Transport_Mailgun->_bdMails_sendMail()
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_sendMail()
#5 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(79): Zend_Mail->send(Object(bdMails_Transport_Mailgun))
#7 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.99999785423)
#8 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999785423, '')
#9 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999785423, '', false)
#10 /home/xxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#11 /home/xxxx/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#12 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(34) "http://orojackson.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(97) "/conversations/warung-bakso-ojers-indonesia-%E2%95%AE-%E2%95%AF_%E2%95%B0-%E2%95%AD.6529/page-103"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Top Bottom