Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
Thanks guys! I pulled up my stats in WHM / cPanel and I'm even more confused. I host a bunch of forums on my VPS and all send using the default php setting. So, I think this means that when I go to WHM "Home » Email » View Sent Summary" and run a report, all my sent emails are getting lumped together in either "-remote-" or "nobody"... so I'm unable to tell how many emails are being sent from my individual forums. Any ideas?

Thanks guys! I pulled up my stats in WHM / cPanel and I'm even more confused. I host a bunch of forums on my VPS and all send using the default php setting. So, I think this means that when I go to WHM "Home » Email » View Sent Summary" and run a report, all my sent emails are getting lumped together in either "-remote-" or "nobody"... so I'm unable to tell how many emails are being sent from my individual forums. Any ideas?
Check the number for nobody. Then estimate the number by divide them by number of users of your forums?

Well, for my entire VPS that has a bunch of sites on it including forums, friend websites, etc. I ran the report in WHM for the past week and got the following:

User Successful Deferrals Failures Failed and Deferred Total Messages Data Sent
-remote- 3,311 1 17,613 17,614 19,695 191.32 MB
root 24 270 270 540 284 325.73 KB
nobody 1,624 9 413 422 2,018 8.73 MB

So, nobody was 2k and remote was 19k (with 17 failed?!? WTH is that!?). I have no idea how to interpret that stuff.

Anywho, I signed up with Mandrill and am testing it as the SMTP for my biggest forum for a few days and we'll see how it looks and then move to the plugin! :)

I wish Mandrill had an affiliate link since I'd click it for you!!

Well, for my entire VPS that has a bunch of sites on it including forums, friend websites, etc. I ran the report in WHM for the past week and got the following:

User Successful Deferrals Failures Failed and Deferred Total Messages Data Sent
-remote- 3,311 1 17,613 17,614 19,695 191.32 MB
root 24 270 270 540 284 325.73 KB
nobody 1,624 9 413 422 2,018 8.73 MB

So, nobody was 2k and remote was 19k (with 17 failed?!? WTH is that!?). I have no idea how to interpret that stuff.

Anywho, I signed up with Mandrill and am testing it as the SMTP for my biggest forum for a few days and we'll see how it looks and then move to the plugin! :)

I wish Mandrill had an affiliate link since I'd click it for you!!
The high failures may be from the automated machine which run port scan all over the internet and try to recruit your server into their spam network.

This looks great!

Anyone tested it with 1.3?

Also, a quick question, is it possible to use this on multiple sites, and, if a user is registered on more than one site, each site gets access to the bounced email list (so can effectively act against bounced users on all sites - even if just one site sent out the triggering email). That would be awesome!

This looks great!

Anyone tested it with 1.3?

Also, a quick question, is it possible to use this on multiple sites, and, if a user is registered on more than one site, each site gets access to the bounced email list (so can effectively act against bounced users on all sites - even if just one site sent out the triggering email). That would be awesome!
Not personally tested and haven't heard any reports.

You can use for many site. If they uses the same provider account AND same domain, the bounced list should be shared across all of them.

You can use for many site. If they uses the same provider account AND same domain, the bounced list should be shared across all of them.

Hi XFR, I submitted a ticket asking Mandrill last night - the account will be the same (so long as multiple apps can be added to one account) but the domains will be different.

I will let you know what they say.

As promised, updating with their reply:

Thanks for reaching out! It's certainly possible to use multiple sites for a single Mandrill account. In general, the Mandrill Terms limit each individual, organization or company to one Mandrill account. You can use tags and custom metadata to help track different types of emails within one account, or use different sender addresses. It's possible to have separate accounts for development and production, but if it's simply a matter of different senders but similar emails, only one account should generally be used, with tags to differentiate the emails being sent.

If you're sending on behalf of multiple users, you may want to consider our subaccount option. Each subaccount has its own quota that, by default, is managed by Mandrill in the exact same way we manage our own users. If one of your users starts misbehaving, we'll lower their subaccount quota to limit the damage they can do to your account's overall reputation. You can set up alerts to monitor subaccount reputation, so if a subaccount's reputation drops to poor levels, you could contact them directly for remediation, or shut them down completely. You can find more information on what subaccounts are and how to get them set up in the Mandrill docs.

For more information check out:
http://help.mandrill.com/entries/25502136-How-do-I-create-a-subaccount-
https://mandrillapp.com/api/docs/subaccounts.html

When an email bounces, we'll add it to your accounts Rejection Blacklist. Entries on the Rejection Blacklist are temporary and expire after varying lengths of time depending upon the reason an entry was created. If you use subaccounts as noted above, each subaccount will have its own rejection blacklist. If you're not using subaccounts, they'll share the same Rejection Blacklist. These lists are available via the API; however, we'd strongly suggest using our Webhooks Feature to help manage bounces within your application.

Webhooks allow you to 'listen' for events like bounces, and when an event triggers, we'll POST that information to a URL you specify. You could then parse and process this information to update it within your database of applications to remove problematic addresses or unsubscribes.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

The Mandrill Crew

I'm trying to set mandrill up, attempting to set up a verified domain. I followed the instructions, created the records via cPanel, but things ain't happening. First at all, I can't get my domain to get verified (I have contacted mandrill) although setting the records:

caps1.webp

caps2.webp caps3.webp caps4.webp

PHP:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://mandrillapp.com:443. Error #110: Connection timed out - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
Oluşturan: User, 28 dakika önce

#0 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('mandrillapp.com', 443, true)
#1 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/bdMails/Transport/Mandrill.php(177): Zend_Http_Client->request('POST')
#2 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php(57): bdMails_Transport_Mandrill->_bdMails_sendMail()
#3 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_sendMail()
#4 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#5 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(993): Zend_Mail->send(Object(bdMails_Transport_Mandrill))
#6 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(921): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->_sendEmail(Array, Array, Object(bdMails_Transport_Mandrill))
#7 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend()
#8 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/user/public_html/forum/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(64) "http://www.site.com/forum/admin.php?users/email-send"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["users/email-send"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["criteria"] => string(93) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","username":"User","user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"]}"
    ["total"] => string(1) "1"
    ["from_name"] => string(31) "Forum Slogan"
    ["from_email"] => string(25) "mail@site.com"
    ["email_title"] => string(6) "Deneme"
    ["email_format"] => string(4) "text"
    ["email_body"] => string(6) "Deneme"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Anyone out there using cPanel, successfully set up settings?

I'm trying to set mandrill up, attempting to set up a verified domain. I followed the instructions, created the records via cPanel, but things ain't happening. First at all, I can't get my domain to get verified (I have contacted mandrill) although setting the records:

View attachment 66836

View attachment 66835 View attachment 66837 View attachment 66838

PHP:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://mandrillapp.com:443. Error #110: Connection timed out - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235

#0 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('mandrillapp.com', 443, true)
#1 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/bdMails/Transport/Mandrill.php(177): Zend_Http_Client->request('POST')
#2 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php(57): bdMails_Transport_Mandrill->_bdMails_sendMail()
#3 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_sendMail()
#4 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#5 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(993): Zend_Mail->send(Object(bdMails_Transport_Mandrill))
#6 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(921): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->_sendEmail(Array, Array, Object(bdMails_Transport_Mandrill))
#7 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend()
#8 /home/user/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 {main}

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["criteria"] => string(93) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","username":"User","user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"]}"
  }
}

Mandrill should support you to get verified. However, solving timed out may be tricky. Please contact your hosting provider to make sure they don't block https requests.

Mandrill should support you to get verified. However, solving timed out may be tricky. Please contact your hosting provider to make sure they don't block https requests.

Yeah, I contacted them before I posted here. Waiting for them to reply. I just wanted to get information from those who are using cPanel, in case maybe I missed something.

I had to get my host to set up the SPF and other records for Mandrill. They knew just what to do, and now it works fine.

View attachment 66836

View attachment 66835 View attachment 66837 View attachment 66838

PHP:

#10 {main}

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
  }
}

I sorted out the domain verification issue, now my domain is verified. However, I'm getting the above error when I send out mails.

Since I manage my own Dedicated server, I checked if the 443 TCP port is open (for both in and out) they appear to be. SSL seems also be present:

caps2.webp caps1.webp

Any ideas?

When I or the system tries to send out watched thread notifications. Don't know about registrations though...
Well, I will need to come by to check myself. Please start a conversation with me with your site info. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Error Info
XenForo_Exception: [bd] Mails: Sending mail failed, log is available at /internal_data/bdmails_1392264620_d1ffa23e86f182179f717ab51bed0046.log - library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php:75
Generated By: Unknown Account, 15 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php(61): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_bdMails_log(Array, '[{"email":"joss...', false, Array)
#1 /library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_sendMail()
#2 /library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#3 /library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(62): Zend_Mail->send(Object(bdMails_Transport_Mandrill))
#4 /library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.9999980926514)
#5 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(252): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999980926514, '')
#6 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(378): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999980926514, '', false)
#7 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(331): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(37) "https://www.phcorner.net/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(47) "/threads/opera-mini-next-7-handlerui-mod.21838/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Error Info
XenForo_Exception: [bd] Mails: Sending mail failed, log is available at /internal_data/bdmails_1392264620_d1ffa23e86f182179f717ab51bed0046.log - library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php:75
Generated By: Unknown Account, 15 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/bdMails/Transport/Abstract.php(61): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_bdMails_log(Array, '[{"email":"joss...', false, Array)
#1 /library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): bdMails_Transport_Abstract->_sendMail()
#2 /library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#3 /library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(62): Zend_Mail->send(Object(bdMails_Transport_Mandrill))
#4 /library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.9999980926514)
#5 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(252): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999980926514, '')
#6 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(378): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999980926514, '', false)
#7 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(331): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(37) "https://www.phcorner.net/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(47) "/threads/opera-mini-next-7-handlerui-mod.21838/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}
Check the log at the mentioned path ;)

Top Bottom