Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
Same question as I did to another addon that spots bounced emails : If i install this in my community now, how would I be able to spot bounced emails for very old members, since xenforo would have stopped emailing them long before now?

Same question as I did to another addon that spots bounced emails : If i install this in my community now, how would I be able to spot bounced emails for very old members, since xenforo would have stopped emailing them long before now?
If for some reason, XenForo doesn't send email to those old users then their bounced email should cause no harm. If XenForo still send to those users, the provider (Mandrill for example) will catch the bounced email and we will take care from there.

Yep that's exactly what I'm asking: if anyone can think of a way for xenforo to re-send emails to all of the users so that every email can be checked. :)

Error Info
PHP:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'bdMails_Transport_Abstract' not found - library/bdMails/Transport/Mandrill.php:4
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:38 PM
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(60) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/index.php?liveupdate"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["liveupdate"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(63) "/forums/threads/whats-your-favorite-christmas-song.18051/page-2"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

^ This maybe safe to ignore, because I was updating something else and it's likely the process just clashed. But I'm going to leave this here anyways, as I do did clear out my error log.

I've got this set up to work with mandrill. How do I know it's actually working?

And also, the notification for those with bounced email: does that notice get created automatically? Where is it? How can I customize it?

Thanks!

Thank you for this addon! I have it setup with Mandrill. I created a test user and registered with a real email address. Then I changed the test user's email address to an invalid email address. I then sent the test user an email from the admincp. After a few minutes the email showed as hard bounced in Mandrill. However, many hours later when I log in as the test user there is no notice that my email has bounced. Have I missed a step in the configuration to handle bounced emails?

Thank you for this addon! I have it setup with Mandrill. I created a test user and registered with a real email address. Then I changed the test user's email address to an invalid email address. I then sent the test user an email from the admincp. After a few minutes the email showed as hard bounced in Mandrill. However, many hours later when I log in as the test user there is no notice that my email has bounced. Have I missed a step in the configuration to handle bounced emails?
The add-on runs a cron once per day to check for bounced mails, so you might need to wait a while for the account to show in the bounced list.

I've got this set up to work with mandrill. How do I know it's actually working?

And also, the notification for those with bounced email: does that notice get created automatically? Where is it? How can I customize it?

Thanks!

As @MattW said, the cron job is set to run once a day. You can run the cron yourself if you want to see how it works.

Where do the members of the bounced emails show up? I see the member count on my board reduced, presumably by this addon. But I see 0 members in unconfirmed/unregistered. Where did they go?

Where do the members of the bounced emails show up? I see the member count on my board reduced, presumably by this addon. But I see 0 members in unconfirmed/unregistered. Where did they go?
You can search for people with awaiting email confirmation state (see below):

Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 9.46.05 AM.webp

Hi,

could you make this add-on work with phplist? (http://www.phplist.com/). This is a very professional open source newsletter.

Everybody can install it on its own server. Email bounce managmegent etc. all included. No restrictions for how many emails you wnat to send. It is absolutely free. So the ideal solution for those of us, who have to send out more than 12k emails per month but no budget for paying more to Mandrill et alii?

Hi,

could you make this add-on work with phplist? (http://www.phplist.com/). This is a very professional open source newsletter.

Everybody can install it on its own server. Email bounce managmegent etc. all included. No restrictions for how many emails you wnat to send. It is absolutely free. So the ideal solution for those of us, who have to send out more than 12k emails per month but no budget for paying more to Mandrill et alii?
That is a bit out of scope of this add-on so unfortunately I have to say no to your suggestion. Sorry.

I'm VERY excited about testing this plugin. I'm investigating using this script and Mandrill, but I want to get a sense of how much it's going to cost to do this. Any ideas on how I'd even begin to get an idea of how many emails I send out per month from my forum? For all I know it could be 1,000... 10,000... 100,000?

BTW, I hope @xfrocks is getting a phat commission from Mandrill since I'm sure a bunch of us are joining just to use bounce detection with this script! ;) :D

I'm VERY excited about testing this plugin. I'm investigating using this script and Mandrill, but I want to get a sense of how much it's going to cost to do this. Any ideas on how I'd even begin to get an idea of how many emails I send out per month from my forum? For all I know it could be 1,000... 10,000... 100,000?

BTW, I hope @xfrocks is getting a phat commission from Mandrill since I'm sure a bunch of us are joining just to use bounce detection with this script! ;) :D
You get 12,000 per month for free with Mandrill. Best way to check your current site is to look in the mail logs, and see what is being sent out from the forum. I've been using Mandrill since before this add-on was released, and this just makes it even better.

You should be able to see monthly email volume in your server management software (CPanel or similar). Then you check their pricing page to get an estimated cost. The first 12k is free FYI.

And nobody from Mandrill contacted me yet :(

Top Bottom