Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
Hard to say about conflict with future version of XenForo but I think it will be fine.

Beta version is ready for XenForo 1.3, the new user state will be used.
Thank you for your response :D

Also, in the future (you stated earlier) that you'll make the add-on handle inbound as well, this will be optional right? Because I don't want any inbound handling nor do I want to use a sub-domain for sending out mails.

Thank you for your response :D

Also, in the future (you stated earlier) that you'll make the add-on handle inbound as well, this will be optional right? Because I don't want any inbound handling nor do I want to use a sub-domain for sending out mails.
Yes. Optional.

How do i set up the bounce message? I have a plugin that i can login as a user. I have checked the bounce log in maildrill and then logged in as a user that has an email address that bounces but they have no message saying that this is happening.

How do i set up the bounce message? I have a plugin that i can login as a user. I have checked the bounce log in maildrill and then logged in as a user that has an email address that bounces but they have no message saying that this is happening.
No setup required for bounce processing. However, it is run as a cron job and may take a while for the add-on to pickup email bounced status. You should wait for a while, or you can find the cron entry in AdminCP and manually run it.

Ah ok thank you i will do that. Just out of interest if in the bd mails settings i set the email provider to be default instead of maildrill would the bounce processing still work and show messages?

Ah ok thank you i will do that. Just out of interest if in the bd mails settings i set the email provider to be default instead of maildrill would the bounce processing still work and show messages?
No, it will stop itself if you switch back to default because the key and everything is cleared from database.

Ok thanks, so now i am a little worried. I left set to maildrill. I ran the cron and then searched for the emails that were listed in maildrill now every email says user does not exist. Please tell me this did not change emails or remove them? I managed to find one user there email was @yahoo.co.uj which resulted in a soft bounce after running cron that email no longer existed but found that that users email is now @yahoo.co.uk This user did not login to change this as they have not been on since oct 2013

Edit:
Oh it has it has removed the email from every user that has had a bounce, is this how it is supposed to work? I am guessing it probably should, anyhow the emails did not work so i guess this is correct. Sorry just a little panic lol

Last edited:
Ok thanks, so now i am a little worried. I left set to maildrill. I ran the cron and then searched for the emails that were listed in maildrill now every email says user does not exist. Please tell me this did not change emails or remove them? I managed to find one user there email was @yahoo.co.uj which resulted in a soft bounce after running cron that email no longer existed but found that that users email is now @yahoo.co.uk This user did not login to change this as they have not been on since oct 2013

Edit:
Oh it has it has removed the email from every user that has had a bounce, is this how it is supposed to work?
Yes it is how it works.

Thanks sorry just a little panic but realised that actually its probably a good thing as those emails did not work anyway and resulted in me getting thousands or delivery failed emails. Thanks for your fast replies and fantastic ad on!

Is possible that add option for deactivate all e-mail traffic and notifications and remove all watched threads, forums which user have bounched mail adress ? Because, i m getting too many error on admin panel log also log file too. (Reason : hard bounce, but it still trying to sending notification mails)

Is possible that add option for deactivate all e-mail traffic and notifications and remove all watched threads, forums which user have bounched mail adress ? Because, i m getting too many error on admin panel log also log file too. (Reason : hard bounce, but it still trying to sending notification mails)
Just wait a while, the cron job will run and process those bounced address. Or you can run the cron entry yourself.

Yahoo issue?
I seem to have an issue with a users email. It is a yahoo one and i am using mandrill.

So the system for what ever reason has marked his account as having an invalid email yet he has received all of our emails with no problem. He obviously can not login now as the system has put him back to having to activate his account via email. I can not add his email as the system tells me i have to add a new email but this is his only email and it works just fine. I have added his email to mandrill whitelist and still not luck.

I know i could validate his account anyway but just want to figure this out as i have several users that use yahoo and if this crops up again i would like to know the solution thanks

Yahoo issue?
I seem to have an issue with a users email. It is a yahoo one and i am using mandrill.

So the system for what ever reason has marked his account as having an invalid email yet he has received all of our emails with no problem. He obviously can not login now as the system has put him back to having to activate his account via email. I can not add his email as the system tells me i have to add a new email but this is his only email and it works just fine. I have added his email to mandrill whitelist and still not luck.

I know i could validate his account anyway but just want to figure this out as i have several users that use yahoo and if this crops up again i would like to know the solution thanks
First, you need to contact Mandril and ask them why the address is blacklisted.
Then, you can add another address (any address) in the AdminCP and set user state back to valid. Then set the Yahoo! address.
Sorry for your problem.

Ok so went to mandrill and actually that users emails not in the black list as i searched it, but oddly the system removed that email and set his profile the email verification after edit. Anyway i did what you said re set another email then put back the original but still no further forward as to why this happened?

Ok so went to mandrill and actually that users emails not in the black list as i searched it, but oddly the system removed that email and set his profile the email verification after edit. Anyway i did what you said re set another email then put back the original but still no further forward as to why this happened?
You can open file internal_data/bdmails_bounce.log to see detail reason why a user is edited.

Top Bottom