Resource icon

[bd] Image 1.0.3

No permission to download

xfrocks

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Image - Visual awareness increased.

[bd] Image
Visual awareness increased.

[FEATURES]
1. Thread image from IMG bb-code or attachments (editable by user)
2. Show thumbnail in thread list, forum list (last post) or search list.
3. Supports [bd] Widget Framework with renderers for different layout: grid, slider, 2-columns.

[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to XenForo's root directory. Select "Merge" for everything if you are asked.
2. Import the .xml file using XenForo add-on importer.
3. Change the...

Read more about this resource...

Do you have a demo site to show what this does?

*looks again*

Oh is this a main page slider that uses thread attachments? Cool!

So this is basically the official slider for BD Widget Framework.

About time! Will test it out later.

Got a question though... I made my forum private.

Does that mean my slider won't show at all to guests?

Not sure if I'm missing something, but how does this part work?

Code:
[FEATURES]
1. Thread image from IMG bb-code or attachments (editable by user)

What determines the actual thread image from the attachments?

I've got it installed on my site, but it's only showing attachments added after it was installed for threads etc.

upload_2013-12-13_8-46-32.webp

upload_2013-12-13_8-46-47.webp

and a widget

upload_2013-12-13_8-47-5.webp

@xfrocks could you add an option to define weight and height for images in search results and Thread Image in Thread List?

The default ones are tiny....

@xfrocks could you add an option to define weight and height for images in search results and Thread Image in Thread List?

The default ones are tiny....
They are designed to match XenForo style. If you are using custom style, you can edit the template to change the size to match those.

They are designed to match XenForo style. If you are using custom style, you can edit the template to change the size to match those.

When you look at it again you’ll see that this isn’t something only I could benefit but others who uses or consider using this add-on. It could do what the “Thread Thumbnails by Waindigo” add-on is already doing and you wouldn’t need two add-ons which do basically the same stuff.

I made valid suggestions when you were building the add-on up and got resistance the whole time for basic stuff. Suggestions are likely to be made less and less every time the user is given a runaround.

When you look at it again you’ll see that this isn’t something only I could benefit but others who uses or consider using this add-on. It could do what the “Thread Thumbnails by Waindigo” add-on is already doing and you wouldn’t need two add-ons which do basically the same stuff.

I made valid suggestions when you were building the add-on up and got resistance the whole time for basic stuff. Suggestions are likely to be made less and less every time the user is given a runaround.
Actually that is not a workaround. Changing width/height are available where they make sense (widgets). They are not available in forum view etc. because changing dimensions there will make things worse: broken layout, overlayed text etc. If you are confident to resize those CSS width, making a few edits to change thumbnail dimensions should be convenient enough for you. Most people won't edit their template though...

Actually that is not a workaround. Changing width/height are available where they make sense (widgets). They are not available in forum view etc. because changing dimensions there will make things worse: broken layout, overlayed text etc. If you are confident to resize those CSS width, making a few edits to change thumbnail dimensions should be convenient enough for you. Most people won't edit their template though...

The suggestion wasn’t for the forum list but the thread list and search results. There is already an add-on utilizing this without breaking stuff and since the bd image add-on has the majority of the features that add-on has it’s a nice option to have which will eliminate the need for the other add-on.

I wouldn’t suggest it if I were confident enough or knew enough how to do it myself. I feel this is another runaround and hence it will likely my last suggestion I’ll ever make.

The suggestion wasn’t for the forum list but the thread list and search results. There is already an add-on utilizing this without breaking stuff and since the bd image add-on has the majority of the features that add-on has it’s a nice option to have which will eliminate the need for the other add-on.

I wouldn’t suggest it if I were confident enough or knew enough how to do it myself. I feel this is another runaround and hence it will likely my last suggestion I’ll ever make.
I said "forum view" not "forum list". It is "thread list" as you mentioned it. There are other solutions that allow you to choose dimensions for those positions but they are breaking stuff actually, you should read the discussions, it's the reason why this add-on was developed. It is unavoidable because the authors have to aggressively adjust the CSS without knowing how the style is designed. It works of default style but there is no guarantee for custom styles.

So it is a complicated matter and may be added in the future but not now. Sorry to disappoint you.

Renaming 'Thread Images (2 Columns)" in BD Widget to "Featured Slider" would be better.

Took me awhile to find it due the way it was named. Would help noobs more if you named it more appropriately as well.

Please add an ability to extend the time in which the Featured Slider and the regular Image Slider can pull images. My site has slow traffic at the moment but it only showed one image when in reality there's been more than one image attached lately. Also please consider adding a feature that will let us manually promote a post to the featured slider.

The attachment block looks great and is easy to configure. Thank you.

Unfortunately, there is an error when a user does not have permissions to view attachments in a certain forum that its pulling it from. The error is so bad that guest cannot view the entire site if they don't have permission to view an attachment in one of the selecte subforums that the attachment block is fed from.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND thread.discussion_state = 'visible' AND thread.last_post_date > ' at line 12 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77 Generated By: TrollaManjaro, Today at 11:45 AM Stack Trace #0 /home/blah/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('?????SELECT pos...') #1 /home/blah/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '?????SELECT pos...') #2 /home/blah/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('?????SELECT pos...') #3 /home/blah/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(734): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?????SELECT pos...', Array) #4 /home/blah/public_html/library/bdImage/WidgetRenderer/AttachmentsGrid.php(115): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll('?????SELECT pos...') #5 /home/blah/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(668): bdImage_WidgetRenderer_AttachmentsGrid->_render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public)) #6 /home/blah/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(352): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Object(_WidgetFramework_ArrayOfString)) #7 /home/blah/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(264): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '????????????<!-...') #8 /home/blah/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(87): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array) #9 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('forum_list', '??????????<div ...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public)) #10 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #11 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_list') #12 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() #13 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(119): XenForo_Template_Public->render() #14 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(614): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array) #15 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array) #16 /home/blah/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #17 {main} Request State array(3) { ["url"] => string(14) "http://8th.us/" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

Renaming 'Thread Images (2 Columns)" in BD Widget to "Featured Slider" would be better.

Took me awhile to find it due the way it was named. Would help noobs more if you named it more appropriately as well.
Hmm, but that one is not a slider (technically)? They all need new names but I ran out of ideas already :D

Please add an ability to extend the time in which the Featured Slider and the regular Image Slider can pull images. My site has slow traffic at the moment but it only showed one image when in reality there's been more than one image attached lately. Also please consider adding a feature that will let us manually promote a post to the featured slider.
Actually, it doesn't have a time limit. But it only pull threads that are added/edited after the add-on is installed (image is cached upon post save for performance reason). You can go ahead and edit a few old threads to have them show up . Promoting requires lots of logic and are destined for another add-on *hint hint* ;)

Unfortunately, there is an error when a user does not have permissions to view attachments in a certain forum that its pulling it from. The error is so bad that guest cannot view the entire site if they don't have permission to view an attachment in one of the selecte subforums that the attachment block is fed from.
An update probaby is coming soon. Sorry for your problem.

Reactions: DRE

Fixed with v1.0.0b

Reactions: DRE
Top Bottom