Resource icon

[bd] Image 1.0.3

No permission to download
Hmm, but that one is not a slider (technically)? They all need new names but I ran out of ideas already :D

Actually, it doesn't have a time limit. But it only pull threads that are added/edited after the add-on is installed (image is cached upon post save for performance reason). You can go ahead and edit a few old threads to have them show up . Promoting requires lots of logic and are destined for another add-on *hint hint* ;)

An update probaby is coming soon. Sorry for your problem.
Hint hint as in your gonna do a different one for that or hint hint as in you want me to donate for that?

Woah @ the way the attachment grid resizes!!! This is the way it's supposed to be done!!! Thank you!

After turning on automatic serialization and restarting apache
PHP:
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['automatic_serialization'] = true;

You may need to restart your caching system if you have other stuff utilizing the cache. Honestly, I'm not really sure why XF doesn't default it to "true" (or make it true without even an option to change it). There's no downside to enabling it.

I disabled this addon after getting these errors

ErrorException: file_get_contents(): Couldn't resolve host name - data/bdImage/thumbnail.php:81 Generated By: Unknown Account, 8 minutes ago Stack Trace #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/home/blah/publi...', 81, Array) #1 /home/blah/public_html/data/bdImage/thumbnail.php(81): file_get_contents('http://media.di...') #2 {main} Request State array(3) { ["url"] => string(177) "https://8th.us/data/bdImage/thumbna...mode=48&hash=98e2eba74813de4b397d41a6d0cd67d6" ["_GET"] => array(4) { ["url"] => string(63) "http://media.divinecaroline.com/ext/article_images2/pools/7.jpg" ["size"] => string(2) "48" ["mode"] => string(2) "48" ["hash"] => string(32) "98e2eba74813de4b397d41a6d0cd67d6" } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

After turning on automatic serialization and restarting apache

I disabled this addon after getting these errors

ErrorException: file_get_contents(): Couldn't resolve host name - data/bdImage/thumbnail.php:81 Generated By: Unknown Account, 8 minutes ago Stack Trace #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/home/blah/publi...', 81, Array) #1 /home/blah/public_html/data/bdImage/thumbnail.php(81): file_get_contents('http://media.di...') #2 {main} Request State array(3) { ["url"] => string(177) "https://8th.us/data/bdImage/thumbnail.php?url=http://media.divinecaroline.com/ext/article_images2/pools/7.jpg&size=48&mode=48&hash=98e2eba74813de4b397d41a6d0cd67d6" ["_GET"] => array(4) { ["url"] => string(63) "http://media.divinecaroline.com/ext/article_images2/pools/7.jpg" ["size"] => string(2) "48" ["mode"] => string(2) "48" ["hash"] => string(32) "98e2eba74813de4b397d41a6d0cd67d6" } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }
Looks like you have a bad URL or your server is having networking issue so it cannot download the image from external server.

@xfrocks I'm getting errors when I run my sites performance testing sites, saying I should "Serve static content from a cookieless domain" the majority of the images are from the bd image addon.

capture.webp caps2.webp

I make use of cloudflare, BD cache is also installed by the way. My main problem is, with the extensive use of the image widgets the first time byte is very bad. I hope there is something we can do about that.

Last edited:
@xfrocks I'm getting errors when I run my sites performance testing sites, saying I should "Serve static content from a cookieless domain" the majority of the images are from the bd image addon.

View attachment 65049 View attachment 65050

I make use of cloudflare, BD cache is also installed by the way. My main problem is, with the extensive use of the image widgets the first time byte is very bad. I hope there is something we can do about that.
You have that many images on the first page? That's a lot! Anyway, my best suggestion is using externalDataUrl to change to use some other domain for data files.

You have that many images on the first page? That's a lot! Anyway, my best suggestion is using externalDataUrl to change to use some other domain for data files.

This is something that I'm really really unfamiliar with, never done it before. Isn't there something that we can do without doing what you suggested? I feel the addon needs more improvement with sites which make heavy use of images using bd image....

This is something that I'm really really unfamiliar with, never done it before. Isn't there something that we can do without doing what you suggested? I feel the addon needs more improvement with sites which make heavy use of images using bd image....
Actually it is just a good practice for any kind of static contents (not just images). In your usage, I don't think we can do much...

Actually it is just a good practice for any kind of static contents (not just images). In your usage, I don't think we can do much...

I see, I've posted a message on the attachment store addon of your, could you check it out?

Thank you.

How would this work?

PHP:
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'http://www.sitename.com/data/'
That looks good, but you should use a different domain (not just subdomain FYI) to make sure no cookies are attached to it. You can notice that Facebook serves their images with the domain fbcdn.net not cdn.facebook.com ;)

That looks good, but you should use a different domain (not just subdomain FYI) to make sure no cookies are attached to it. You can notice that Facebook serves their images with the domain fbcdn.net not cdn.facebook.com ;)

Thank you for your patience :D

Just to clarify, my attachments won't be served to the domain I'll define here just the static content right?

Is there a tool we can run to re-create the images to have immediate affect?

Thank you for your patience :D

Just to clarify, my attachments won't be served to the domain I'll define here just the static content right?
Attachments? They are different from files and will be served differently. The config.php option externalDataUrl will affects file inside your external data directory (attachment thumbnail, [bd] Image files, [bd] Cache CSS, etc.). However, if you use [bd] Attachment Store add-on and chooses to store attachment in external data, externalDataUrl will now work for attachment too.

Attachments? They are different from files and will be served differently. The config.php option externalDataUrl will affects file inside your external data directory (attachment thumbnail, [bd] Image files, [bd] Cache CSS, etc.). However, if you use [bd] Attachment Store add-on and chooses to store attachment in external data, externalDataUrl will now work for attachment too.

Ok, I now understand (by the way purchased the bd attachment store addon); I'll define this config value and set the bd attachment store addon to serve content via "Store file in external data directory" and this is it?

Is there a tool we can run to re-create the images to have immediate affect? (is it the "Rebuild attachment data storage" option)

Ok, I now understand (by the way purchased the bd attachment store addon); I'll define this config value and set the bd attachment store addon to serve content via "Store file in external data directory" and this is it?

Is there a tool we can run to re-create the images to have immediate affect? (is it the "Rebuild attachment data storage" option)
You MUST run the tool to move the files to new storage. The add-on does not do that itself. And yes, just choose the external data mode to have your attachments served via some other cookieless domain.

It is important to remind you that [bd] Attachment Store add-on will not solve your original problem today, quoted below:

View attachment 65049 View attachment 65050

But thanks for the purchase :D

You MUST run the tool to move the files to new storage. The add-on does not do that itself. And yes, just choose the external data mode to have your attachments served via some other cookieless domain.

It is important to remind you that [bd] Attachment Store add-on will not solve your original problem today, quoted below:

But thanks for the purchase :D

But in conjunction with your suggestion regarding the config.php value your suggestion will solve that? BD attachment store was something that I had in mind for a while, it will sure have affect on performance, that is the reason why it's made? :D

Top Bottom