Resource icon

[bd] Image 1.0.3

No permission to download
beta(22) still have same problem,
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/UserFollow.php:5

I have installed it; i set some options.
Maybe thread images are not set for old threads?
Can i choose subforums where the thread image should appear?
Can i upload a thread image?
Can i use the RM Icon for the thread also?

From other view: To decrease work, i have some forums connected to categories in RM;
only in this forums i want to have threas images and i would be perfect to use the resource icon automatically.

Last edited:
I have installed it; i set some options.
Maybe thread images are not set for old threads?
Can i choose subforums where the thread image should appear?
Can i upload a thread image?
Can i use the RM Icon for the thread also?

From other view: To decrease work, i have some forums connected to categories in RM;
only in this forums i want to have threas images and i would be perfect to use the resource icon automatically.

You need to enable the option to let images show up in places.

Old threads won't have images automatically, you can run the rebuild tool to do that though. Go to AdminCP > Tools > Rebuild caches, find "Rebuild Thread Images".

No, you cannot upload an image as the thread image. The add-on uses attachment or links in the post. Or you can enter any URL.

Currently it will not use the resource icon.

Thank you.
Is there also a way to do the thread thumbsnails only in special subforums, please?
This would be perfekt. In the Themehouse addon, there is also a ranking from where the picture should be taken first.

For example it would be nice to say:

1. Upload, always possible, not only with add thread OR hidden picture in first post?
2. Use first post (we should set the right picture, if we have more than one, also hide it or not?)
3. Links yes/no
4. Resource Icon (best idea i think)
5. User Avatar

Just some ideas ...
At the moment i swicth between TH and your addon to test, what is more comfortable.
Both miss the resource icon. :(

sir!!

but this add-on have [bd] Image: Thread images

thread_images.webp

bd image have many good thing!!
bd2.webp

i am so sad!!

Last edited:
You need to enable the option to let images show up in places.

Old threads won't have images automatically, you can run the rebuild tool to do that though. Go to AdminCP > Tools > Rebuild caches, find "Rebuild Thread Images".

No, you cannot upload an image as the thread image. The add-on uses attachment or links in the post. Or you can enter any URL.

Currently it will not use the resource icon.

AdminCP > Tools > Rebuild caches, find "Rebuild Thread Images".

This doesn't exist anywhere in the admin panel. You can't rebuild old threads. I was unable to find this option.

update-
i uninstalled the add-on and installed it and now i see it. I rebuilt but it did not show the images. The add-on is too old and has issues.
v2.2.2
v.2.2.1
don't auto extract the image anymore. Won't work with xenforo v.1.5.24

i tried 1.1.2 and it works to auto extract the image

I believe the whole add-on any version also has security issues. Someone uploaded an html file instead of an image and it went into the cache directory. The files are saved as .orig so that is how the hacker uploads a file to someones server

I downloaded the fake image file and it was an html file with malware. I would advise people to be careful when using this add-on

Last edited:
Top Bottom