• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Forum Watch

xfrocks

Ever wanted to watch the whole forum instead of individual thread? Now you can (and your members, too). I'm presenting you Forum Watch

If you are upgrading from 0.9.x to 1.0 please uninstall it before installing again. No data will be lost. Sorry for the problem *sad*

[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to XenForo's root directory. Select "Merge" for everything if you are asked
2. Import the .xml file using XenForo addon importer
3. Enjoy

NO TEMPLATE EDITS

This addon is developed by request from Cory Booth (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/request-watch-forums.9833/). He paid me for this and he allowed me to post this here. Anyone who likes this please consider donate him via PayPal: admin@thebooths.org

Attachments

FAQ
  1. Q: Does user receive email for all replies?
    A: Yes. The thread/forum view time is COMPLETELY ignored.
  2. Q: What if a user both watches thread and watches forum?
    A: If user watches a forum, that user won't see the option to watch thread so the only way for somebody to watch both is watching thread first and then start watching the forum. If it's the case, the addon WILL NOT send any notification and let the core XenForo functionality do its job.

This addon currently blindly sends email only. Will add alert support if your post get liked 3+ times :D
rolleyes.png
biggrin.png
It's time to do it, I guess :D

Server Error

call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'ForumWatch_Installer' not found
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. call_user_func()inXenForo/Model/AddOn.phpat line214
  3. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml()inXenForo/Model/AddOn.phpat line169
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.phpat line180
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/****/*****/public_html/forums/admin.phpat line13
This on the new current version - didnt get chance to check on previous....

xml wont install....get the above error...Have done as required and installed everything inside "upload" dir into the xF root....

Paul

Server Error

call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'ForumWatch_Installer' not found
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. call_user_func()inXenForo/Model/AddOn.phpat line214
  3. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml()inXenForo/Model/AddOn.phpat line169
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.phpat line180
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/****/*****/public_html/forums/admin.phpat line13
This on the new current version - didnt get chance to check on previous....

xml wont install....get the above error...Have done as required and installed everything inside "upload" dir into the xF root....

Paul
Upload the files first

Found the problem....

[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to XenForo's root directory. Select "Merge" for everything if you are asked

Not correct for some reason here - if i upload to xF root then i get the above Error. If i upload everything in the "upload" directory to "xF-root/library/" then it installs fine...

Paul

Found the problem....

Not correct for some reason here - if i upload to xF root then i get the above Error. If i upload everything in the "upload" directory to "xF-root/library/" then it installs fine...

Paul
OMG, my bad. Will update the package

Got this message this morning:

cowboyup,
cowboyup replied to the thread "[Feb 26, 2011] Polar Plunge (Dumfries, VA)" (in your watched forum "Events").

When the user who responded was named: Ghettocop...

Didn't happen for another thread he replied on - only this one... Is it because this is a Event Forum post from Jaxel's Atendo module and not a "real" thread?

OK... Minor glitch with the emails. The emails say the thread creator made a reply instead of the reply creator

Example as posted above, but now in a different forum...
Thread created by UserA
Thread replied to by UserB

Email says:
Admin,

UserA replied to the thread "XYZ" (in your watched forum "ZYX").

(When is should be UserB)

Actually i prefer it in there. Thats where the other Jaxel scripts live, and makes more sence to keep them all together and out of /root in my oppinion!

Cheers
Paul
Xenforo requires everything to be in /xFRoot/library/. Its the directory auto-require is set up in.

Top Bottom