[bd] API

[bd] API 1.6.3

No permission to download
You (developer) can use password authentication scheme to avoid redirecting user to the authorization page. Or you (admin) can edit the client in AdminCP and auto-authorize needed scopes, user will not see the authorization page when those scopes are requested.
Awesome! Thank you

Is it possible to specify a list of pages in a thread, and get all the posts on those pages?

Using the GET /posts, I only seem to be able to get one page at a time?

Is it possible to specify a list of pages in a thread, and get all the posts on those pages?

Using the GET /posts, I only seem to be able to get one page at a time?
You can specify "limit" as a parameter to get as many posts as you want.

You can specify "limit" as a parameter to get as many posts as you want.
Thank you for the quick response.

I am aware of the limit parameter, but I would like, for example, to be able to grab pages 2-4 of a thread only. Or better yet, posts 43-89 in a thread, for example. Is this possible?

Thank you for the quick response.

I am aware of the limit parameter, but I would like, for example, to be able to grab pages 2-4 of a thread only. Or better yet, posts 43-89 in a thread, for example. Is this possible?
Sorry you can't do that.

Hi Dao,

We have the add-on installed, and when we navigate to site/api, it shows a response. However, when we attempt to access /api/users or any of the other options that seem to exist, we get an error :

Code:
Route users/ could not be found.

I'm not sure what I'd have to configure for this? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dao,

We have the add-on installed, and when we navigate to site/api, it shows a response. However, when we attempt to access /api/users or any of the other options that seem to exist, we get an error :

Code:
Route users/ could not be found.

I'm not sure what I'd have to configure for this? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Makes sure you copy .htaccess from forum root into /api ;)

Looks like your .htaccess has the RewriteBase rule? Try updating that for the one inside /api
Also, try accessing /users by going to http://domain.com/xenforo/api/index.php?users/ to see if it works that way.

We don't have RewriteBase, but your tip did help me figure out which line caused the issue.

For other people's reference, if you use the XF rewrite rules, and run into this issue, change this:

Code:
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.yoursite.com/$1 [R=301,L]

to

Code:
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.yoursite.com/api/$1 [R=301,L]

Thanks, Dao :)

Just to be sure: this API works with two and more different domains on different physical servers, correct? So users of two external php applications (on two different domains and servers) will be able to login in that applications via login in xenforo master forums (on the main domain on a third server)?!

BTW: does anybody have it already fully implemented to login in Mediawiki? I would like to use/rely on this addon instead of this one, since this one is more active/supported. Maybe @SchmitzIT?

hey @xfrocks been using this for about a year now without issues. However, moving each new user into the correct XF Group is killing my time.

Which file (and line of code) in this package defines which user group a new user from Wordpress to XF, gets assigned too?

--> user creates account in wordpress --> API creates XF user

I want to specify the group a user is assigned.

Any help appreciated.

Kurt

Just to be sure: this API works with two and more different domains on different physical servers, correct? So users of two external php applications (on two different domains and servers) will be able to login in that applications via login in xenforo master forums (on the main domain on a third server)?!
That's correct.

BTW: does anybody have it already fully implemented to login in Mediawiki? I would like to use/rely on this addon instead of this one, since this one is more active/supported. Maybe @SchmitzIT?
I don't think there are any.

hey @xfrocks been using this for about a year now without issues. However, moving each new user into the correct XF Group is killing my time.

Which file (and line of code) in this package defines which user group a new user from Wordpress to XF, gets assigned too?

--> user creates account in wordpress --> API creates XF user

I want to specify the group a user is assigned.

Any help appreciated.

Kurt
Ah, I believe you asked me this privately :)

Since xfrocks redirected me here to ask me questions... how does this script deal with AdminCP interstitial logins? Or if it doesn't, then what is the solution?

We'd like a way for users to login to XF without them either having to Login, or having to pass login credentials to xenforo from our script.

Since xfrocks redirected me here to ask me questions... how does this script deal with AdminCP interstitial logins? Or if it doesn't, then what is the solution?

We'd like a way for users to login to XF without them either having to Login, or having to pass login credentials to xenforo from our script.
The add-on works as an OAuth2 provider and allow other clients to access user data. No username/password is exposed to the clients (but if the clients know the username/password, they can authenticate user of course). All authorization is done in the public session, it doesn't deal with admin session.

Top Bottom