BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
@XxUnkn0wnxX

The deal: since it's a paid addon, I don't have access to it and I don't do any support.
  • Picasa: it looks the url is already encoded, so the bug must come from here. (can't be sure)
  • Protected content: the error message is not provided. I can't say anything then.
  • Disabled Bb Code: once the Bb Codes have been disabled in the BBM, I don't see any reason and how they can parse. Be sure they don't exist in the XenForo Bb Code Manager as well.
  • Hide url perms. I'm sure to have tested it in the past and it worked. Be sure to read my reply a few posts above.

@cclaerhout i am trying to enable all the functions for [vFCoders] Hide Hack v1 as in all the hide buttons but i cannot as your BBM button manager doesn't allow for dashes inside the BB Code Tag

i know by typing in eg: [hide-thanks]my text[/hide-thanks] work manually but i wanted to make a orphan button out of it and i cannot as you forbid the dashes in the tags.. why is that?

also i have been meaning to get around to this, this manager has never seemed to work well when it came to font awesome icons via TinyMce Quattro

as you can see here:
937be3a8024c4fed89afc16b6f3caf40.png

when ever i enable font awesome icon mode for any bbcode button including orphan buttons they show up a blank weird square image as you can see for the spoiler in the above image. font awesome seems to work fine with my theme and everywhere else just not in the editor itself and its never worked form me ever since i 1st started using this BBM manager way back.

all the other icon modes work fine, but not "font awesome icons"

and this doesn't even work for the default xenforo theme either

Edit: after inspecting the element it only shows up without the "mce-ico"

but in the editor its defaulted at mce-ico mce-i-bbm_spoiler fa fa-flag

but it doesn't look right with mce-i-bbm_spoiler fa fa-flag, any idea why mce-ico would stop it from loading the icon?

Edit 2: it seems this:

.mce-btn-small .mce-ico {
font-family: "tinymce-small",Arial;

the "Arial" seems to break it, without it, it shows up fine but still a bit out of place...

doing:
font-family: "tinymce-small",Arial,FontAwesome;
}

seems to fix it.. but when i apply it in extra.css it breaks some of the other icons since FontAwesome takes over all the icons font-family as well.. this so frustrating...

Edit3:
.mce-ico.mce-i-bbm_spoiler
{
font-family: FontAwesome !important;
}

seems to fix it without breaking anything though i cannot find any references to "mce-i-bbm_spoiler" class via template search or the modification list, or the XML file. it's like the code appears out of thin air

Edit4:
.fa {
font-family: FontAwesome !important;
}
is more effective as it targets all elements to do with FontAwesome. going over the CSS in my page that loads something is overriding FontAwesome from taking effect and i think its

font-family: "tinymce-small",Arial;
}

13249a4dcd0d455295b3bb3335807ab3.png

Last edited:
Hi! I just got a strange error, it's only for this one random thread and I don't seem to be getting it else where yet.

Fatal Error: Unsupported operand types - library/Sedo/AdvBBcodeBar/BbCode/Formatter/AdvBbCodes.php:928

@cclaerhout Hello! I created a custom bbcode using a template with a php callback. But bbcode placed within my custom one is not parsing.

This is my template:
Code:
<span style="color: {$options.color};">{$content}</span>

And this is my php:
Code:
<?php

class Goss_CustomColor_CustomColor
{
    public static function CustomColor(&$content, array &$options, &$templateName, &$fallBack, array $rendererStates, $parentClass)
    {
        $postid = $parentClass->getPostParam('post_id');

if($postid)
        {
            $userid = $parentClass->getPostParam('user_id');
        }
        else 
        {
            $visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
            $userid = $visitor['user_id'];
        }
        $userFieldModel = XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_UserField');

$values = $userFieldModel->getUserFieldValues($userid);

$options['color']= $values['goss_customcolor'];
    }
}

?>

I tested with this:
Code:
test test [ccolor]test [B]test[/B][/ccolor]

I get this output:
caad020a00ad7dec7486c5d609e2e265.png

My ccolor works, but my bold tags are turned into html tags.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I've just noticed that font-awesome seems to load twice on my pages. One loads from maxcdn from my style. The other instance loads locally from my site from the same template bbm_fa_integration. Even removing the load from the style doesn't change the load from this template as it will always load using the local path styles/bbm/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css . Any insights into this? I'm wondering if others might also see this happening. Thanks to any replies in advance.

Last edited:
I really hope there will be a xenforo 2 version of this, otherwise there could be a lot of clearing up of redundant bbcode to do.

OK< done the research, I still can't figure this out so i'm posting a reply.

I can only assume I'm doing something wrong.

I've downloaded and installed the plugin but i do not get the set up box, or the icon in my admin CP. I DO see it listed in my addons, and i see on the right it's showing up as enabled, but i cannot figure out how to make this appear on my forms. Am i missing something?

6CLhhXK.jpg

I re-read the first post, and the last couple pages of the thread, I also checked all the files included in the download (BBM - Advanced Bb Codes 3.7.2). I'm not seeing any other information.

You guys have noticed this add-on was listed as UNMAINTAINED a long time ago right?

It's been abandoned, no support…

of course. But people post replies that are using it. so it would be nice if someone recognized the issue. if not, no big deal, but doesn't hurt to ask

OK< done the research, I still can't figure this out so i'm posting a reply.

I can only assume I'm doing something wrong.

I've downloaded and installed the plugin but i do not get the set up box, or the icon in my admin CP. I DO see it listed in my addons, and i see on the right it's showing up as enabled, but i cannot figure out how to make this appear on my forms. Am i missing something?

6CLhhXK.jpg

I re-read the first post, and the last couple pages of the thread, I also checked all the files included in the download (BBM - Advanced Bb Codes 3.7.2). I'm not seeing any other information.
See @Xon reply => admin permission

You guys have noticed this add-on was listed as UNMAINTAINED a long time ago right?

It's been abandoned, no support…
Feel free to support it.

did @cclaerhout quit developing or is this being phased into XF2?
No time and no interest/motivation of XF2.

Ensure you users has the right admin permission.
As usual, thank you. I will release the commit you pushed me during the last months.

Does this addon allow to use css classes as replacement like the original xenforo bbcode customization? o_O
I don't understand the question. This addon gives you an access to xenforo template, so you can incluse xenforo css templates.

Top Bottom