Version 1.1.8 released (important)

Version 1.1.8 released (important)
  • Last fix for the selection of the custom editor (when creating a new
    node forum) was bad coded ; this release has modified the way to save
    the editor choice in the forum node. Everything should be ok now. Sorry
    for this.
  • Fix a small bug that prevents to update the stopautolinking value when
    importing Bb Codes
  • The Raw Bb Code xml file has been updated (the bulk file as well).
    Reason: the stopautolinking function was not activated

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there anyway to modify what the non-permissioned individuals see?

They currently see Premium content, I'd like to change it to being invisible or something different than that.

Is there anyway to modify what the non-permissioned individuals see?

They currently see Premium content, I'd like to change it to being invisible or something different than that.
Yes, look at the "view permissions" of any Bb Codes (screenshot). There are several options to manage an "Unauthorised Return" (when the member has no permission to see Bb Code). This addon also includes a "Protected Content Bb Code" as a demo and as an example. You will see it is basic. The Bb Code using the template method and fetches the template "bbm_bbcode_protected". Here is its content:

HTML:
<xen:require css="bbm_bbcode.css" />
<xen:require css="bbm_bbcode_protected.css" />

<xen:if is="!{$rendererStates.canUseBbCode}">
    <span class="bbm_bb_can_not_use">{xen:phrase bbm_bbcode_cant_use_bbcode}</span>
<xen:elseif is="!{$rendererStates.canViewBbCode}" />
    <div class="bbm_bb_protected_desc">{xen:phrase bbm_bbcode_protected_content_title}</div>
    <div class="bbm_bb_protected_content">{xen:phrase bbm_bbcode_protected_cant_view_bbcode}</div>
<xen:else />
    <div class="bbm_bb_authorised_desc">{xen:phrase bbm_bbcode_authorised_content_title}</div>
    <div class="bbm_bb_authorised_content">{xen:raw $content}</div>
</xen:if>

<xen:comment>
     {xen:helper dump, $rendererStates}
</xen:comment>
As you see, it's easy to understand and you can easily customize it yourself if you have html notions.

Yes, look at the "view permissions" of any Bb Codes (screenshot). There are several options to manage an "Unauthorised Return" (when the member has no permission to see Bb Code). This addon also includes a "Protected Content Bb Code" as a demo and as an example. You will see it is basic. The Bb Code using the template method and fetches the template "bbm_bbcode_protected". Here is its content:

HTML:
<xen:require css="bbm_bbcode.css" />
<xen:require css="bbm_bbcode_protected.css" />

<xen:if is="!{$rendererStates.canUseBbCode}">
    <span class="bbm_bb_can_not_use">{xen:phrase bbm_bbcode_cant_use_bbcode}</span>
<xen:elseif is="!{$rendererStates.canViewBbCode}" />
    <div class="bbm_bb_protected_desc">{xen:phrase bbm_bbcode_protected_content_title}</div>
    <div class="bbm_bb_protected_content">{xen:phrase bbm_bbcode_protected_cant_view_bbcode}</div>
<xen:else />
    <div class="bbm_bb_authorised_desc">{xen:phrase bbm_bbcode_authorised_content_title}</div>
    <div class="bbm_bb_authorised_content">{xen:raw $content}</div>
</xen:if>

<xen:comment>
    {xen:helper dump, $rendererStates}
</xen:comment>
As you see, it's easy to understand and you can easily customize it yourself if you have html notions.

Alright, thank you. I knew it was going to be something obvious. As always, great mods, I'll try to get another donation over to you!

I can't seem to get the button manager to work. As a test I tried to remove a button and it does not remove it from the editor. I installed the kingK one and that one does add/remove buttons. Suggestions?

I can't seem to get the button manager to work. As a test I tried to remove a button and it does not remove it from the editor. I installed the kingK one and that one does add/remove buttons. Suggestions?
This addon will not work if the other one is installed (see the product description). So the button manager will not work either. Even if the integration of the Button Manager didn't change a lot, quite a few bugs have been fixed since a few months.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I had uninstalled kingK one installed yours and it didnt work. I then reinstalled the kingK one then the kingK button manager started to work. Should I just uninstall both and start over?

Thanks for the speedy reply. I had uninstalled kingK one installed yours and it didnt work. I then reinstalled the kingK one then the kingK button manager started to work. Should I just uninstall both and start over?
Uninstall the other addon is not necessary. Disable it BUT, most important, rename its folder. You should have a red window on the top right of the administration index telling you how to proceed.
See this screenshot.

I disabled it and renamed its folder as instructed. Then on my forum I get

Undefined variable: CustomBbCodes

disabling all viewing of the forums

My forum is in serious trouble after installing this addon, posts, signatures, images and colored letters, how do I fix these problems?

Did you not test the add-on on a dev version of your site first?

Have you tried disabling this add-on to see if this corrects the problem? If not, disable all add-ons which should hopefully correct the issue. If so, it could be a conflict between add-ons and you'll have to work out which ones.

hi @cclaerhout
I get an error when loading xml
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in BBM/Installer.php at line 83
BBM_Installer::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 42
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Here are some screen shots.

Info: when I was doing the screenshots, I've found two small bugs with the BM:
  • After a reset don't save it immediately, otherwise it won't work.
    Explanation: I forgot to update the hidden field with the new buttons order.
    Workaround: Add a button, take it back, then save.
  • When doing the reset the selected buttons (that are not the default ones) are no more there
    Explanation: I forgot, to move them to the select box :d
    Workaround: reload the page, they will be back

I will fix this in the next release.

Attachments

• 35_bbm2_bm01.webp
    35_bbm2_bm01.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 36_bbm2_bm02.webp
    36_bbm2_bm02.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 37_bbm2_bbcodes_new_options.webp
    37_bbm2_bbcodes_new_options.webp