BBcode MediaSites Package [Deleted]

I am waiting on someone to come drop off money, again I appreciate the sentiment but I have bills to pay before I can even pay the bills. Got shafted with a paypal transaction so even if you sent me anything it would be absorbed by this...
--snip--
Save your money...if this person pays what they are supposed to there isn't a problem, but if they don't pay me, any money that you guys send will not cover my bills and I will still end up with no internet and you guys will be out of money that could have been given to an addon developer who will be here tomorrow. Even in the best case scenario I get my bills paid, I still only have thirty days and no income to come up with next cycle's bill money.

Sometimes more waiting is required, sometimes resistance is futile...I will find out which wavelength I am operating on shortly.

Again I do thank you guys for the offer...but realistically it just isn't practical as you can see based on my explanation.

Last edited:
Admittedly, I wouldn't be able to buy you out of your hole, but at least I could get you a beer or two for all your trouble.
Heh, convenient I don't drink anymore either :-) Save the brew for someone else around here, I know there are a few people that toss em back 'round these parts.

Any possibility of getting an update on this soon?

Yes there is a good possibility of it being updated very soon. At the moment I am finishing up a style for someone and will be going out of state for a wedding this weekend so more than likely not before the weekend is over.

Yes there is a good possibility of it being updated very soon. At the moment I am finishing up a style for someone and will be going out of state for a wedding this weekend so more than likely not before the weekend is over.
Awesome!

I have started going through all of the bbcodes now... please be patient as there is a lot of testing, tweaking, fixing and updating to do for many bbcodes and I need to balance this with other tasks that I absolutely need to complete.

Also please when posting about an error in a bbcode, please post the link you posted, the contents of the bbcode if you click edit on the post and view it and any other descriptive info you can offer which might help to track down any errors.

eBay seems to be busted

I saw this but forgot to respond back, I did test it myself and it seems to work just fine for me, could you give me the link which was not working for you?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok at this point I have updated all of the codes in the list, removed 2 of them (one doesn't offer legit embedding of their content any longer and the other is broken at their site, as in videos not playing and those that still do give an invalid embed code if any) and I also added in the kickstarter bbcode.

There is one site that is in the middle of major site overhaul and they are playing hard with their frontend at the moment, during this time the content which they offer as embeds is not working but due to the subject of the site and the fact that they have a large day coming up I am fairly certain that they will have this fixed soon.

My debate with myself at the moment is do I push the update and leave this bbcode out until another addon update, or do I wait a couple days for their v2 site launch and see if this is fixed.

Hmm....

Anyways, here is the list of bbcodes which I have tested, fixed and deemed working

8tracks
ABC News
Amazon single Item
BBcod.es cryptix2
Blip TV
CBS News
CNBC
Cnn Videos
Colbert Nation
CollegeHumour
Comedy Central
Daily Show
Disney Video
Dorkly
Ebay Item
ESPN
Flickr
FunnyorDie
Gamespot Shows
Gamespot Videos
GameTrailers
Hulu
IGN
Issuu.com Docs
Kickstarter Widget
MIT World
MSNBC
MTV Programming
MTV Sounds
MTV Trailers
NBC Sports
NBC Video
Pastebin
PBS Video
Perezhilton and affiliated
Podomatic
SoundCloud
Splicd.com
Trailer Addict
Tweets
Twitch.tv
Veoh.com
Vine.co
Wall Street Journal
Wistia

Now would be a good time to request sites before I push the update, if I fill a request made in the next day or so I may have it ready for the next update.

BTW - have you given any thought to adding in the ability to upgrade the individual codes within the package? Might make these types of situations easier to work with. I don't know if that sort of thing is difficult or not, but it might be worth looking into.

BTW - have you given any thought to adding in the ability to upgrade the individual codes within the package? Might make these types of situations easier to work with. I don't know if that sort of thing is difficult or not, but it might be worth looking into.
I have thought about it actually and I think the key is to get a disable/enable media site function working for a couple of reasons.

bbms.webp

This would allow someone to install the pack and just click to disable media sites they don't want to use and make updating all of the codes easier in general since this would eliminate the need to keep the individual resources in the RM updated as one could just install the updated pack and disable the unwanted ones by clicking a box.

I have a general idea of what I need to do and how this can be done and already have the display for everything done, however I am stuck on something which should not be so difficult for me to figure out but for some reason is and time is a constraint and very valuable for me currently. It is actually cheaper for me to pay someone to make the functions for me than it is for me to spend the time figuring out what has me stuck.

When I saw your alert I was actually in the middle of making a paid request thread in the hopes that someone wants to make a quick buck so we can get this addon moving forward.

We will see what happens with this but I don't think anyone is going to jump on it before I put out the next update.

I have thought about it actually and I think the key is to get a disable/enable media site function working for a couple of reasons.

View attachment 57181

This would allow someone to install the pack and just click to disable media sites they don't want to use and make updating all of the codes easier in general since this would eliminate the need to keep the individual resources in the RM updated as one could just install the updated pack and disable the unwanted ones by clicking a box.

I have a general idea of what I need to do and how this can be done and already have the display for everything done, however I am stuck on something which should not be so difficult for me to figure out but for some reason is and time is a constraint and very valuable for me currently. It is actually cheaper for me to pay someone to make the functions for me than it is for me to spend the time figuring out what has me stuck.

When I saw your alert I was actually in the middle of making a paid request thread in the hopes that someone wants to make a quick buck so we can get this addon moving forward.

We will see what happens with this but I don't think anyone is going to jump on it before I put out the next update.
What is your paypal? I'd like to donate a couple bucks to help you get this moving along :)

What is your paypal? I'd like to donate a couple bucks to help you get this moving along :)
Normally I don't accept donations but in this case I had spoken to a developer early this morning and it will cost $1000 to add the new functionality to this addon, so in the spirit of moving this addon forward I am willing to accept donations as every little bit will help get this done faster.

The developer is willing to accept a payment plan however I am just not comfortable having someone start something when I don't have all or at least a good portion of the money in hand as liquid assets so every little bit will help to get this started.

I have added a donation button to the overview for this addon for anyone interested in helping out with this. All donators will be noted on that page for their contribution to the community.

Top Bottom