XF 1.1 BB Code Media Improvements in XenForo 1.1

This video looks at some of the improvements we have made to the BB code media system in XenForo 1.1, allowing you to embed media from a far wider variety of sources.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update:

Let's call this rapid feedback reaction or something buzz-wordy like that. Anyway, just a few hours after posting the last video, I have a little update for you :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Kier, your coding ability and speed is just unbelieveable.
As you said, Mike is even much faster in coding than yourself, I would love to see a video of Mike coding some stuff. Must be mind-boggling to see Mike in action :eek:

I am no expert, but I would think that you could tell from the URL whether it is an image or not when the URL ends with ".jpg" , ".gif", ".png", etc. ?
When the URL ends with ".jpg" , ".gif", ".png", or other image-formats, then it is an image, right?

Image URLs sometimes end in a familiar image file extension like jpg or png, but this is not always the case and cannot be relied upon in the least. URLs can end in .anythingyouwant and serve any content type.

Learn something new. I just knew it was the French pronunciation from school. :)

Gosh this language difference makes things so weird sometimes. I read your post first time as you telling me to "Learn something new" and it seemed very rude... I re-read and realized you meant that you learnt something new! :)

Gosh this language difference makes things so weird sometimes. I read your post first time as you telling me to "Learn something new" and it seemed very rude... I re-read and realized you meant that you learnt something new! :)
I actually left off a few words, should have been "Learn something new every day." Sorry! lol. I'm only half paying attention to what I'm typing and half paying attention to my server load exponentially increasing right now...

Will the new system be useful for TrailerAddict.com? They don't have video ID's in the URL, just the video name. For example: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-muppets/music-video-muppets-show-theme-song.
Look over the second video that Kier posted. The ID for that particular video on that site is 44489. You will have to follow the steps that Kier did to make it work for that other site.

EDIT: and the direct URL is actually http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/44489

What confuses me about the MegaVideo example, is why do you have to urldecode the encoded URL, when the decoded URL is also available on the same page you are looking up? Am I missing something? (My PHP skills are not the greatest.)

I actually left off a few words, should have been "Learn something new every day." Sorry! lol. I'm only half paying attention to what I'm typing and half paying attention to my server load exponentially increasing right now...
offtopic alert!

I reconfigured my server with apache worker mpm and mod_fcgid for php. Spent two days fiddling with mysql server variables and now my server load has fallen by half! :D

offtopic alert!

I reconfigured my server with apache worker mpm and mod_fcgid for php. Spent two days fiddling with mysql server variables and now my server load has fallen by half! :D

Use NGINX with PHP-FPM and see it fall by half again :p

Just as a follow-up though so my only post doesn't seem like I'm whining about the release. These are great additions Kier. Your hard work is very much appreciated and only makes me want the update more! :ROFLMAO:

This looks like pretty much exactly what I do with my XenMedio mod... =P

Now all you need to do Kier is copy my embed popout system (instead of loading the flash object directly into the page). My problem with embedding directly into the page is that before you know it, users have embedded 20 flash objects in a single page and its killing your computer resources.

example: http://8wayrun.com/threads/kayanes-video-interview-with-tago-san.8098/

I am having CPU hitting 100% watching this Vimeo video on 3 PCs.
Firefox 3.6 + Windows XP.
Windows Vista + Chrome + IE8
Firefox 6 + Windows XP.

The video stops and starts, alot.

Anyone else ?

Is this a Flash issue ?
plugin-container.exe (Firefox) is going crazy - CPU up to 100%, then down to zero.
1 browser window open

Top Bottom