XF 1.1 BB Code Media Improvements in XenForo 1.1

This video looks at some of the improvements we have made to the BB code media system in XenForo 1.1, allowing you to embed media from a far wider variety of sources.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update:

Let's call this rapid feedback reaction or something buzz-wordy like that. Anyway, just a few hours after posting the last video, I have a little update for you :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I dunno what computers people are running but my netbook can handle threads with 20 or more embedded media.

DD: Try updating flash, plugin-container.exe is the method Mozilla uses to load plugins outside of the main executable, i.e. you can kill that off with task manager and firefox shouldn't fall over just loose the flash content.

That's a far more challenging prospect, as it would require that the server follow every link that is posted in order to work out whether or not it points to an image, and then mark it up accordingly. There's no way to tell simply from the URL whether or not it's a link to an image.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/implemented-auto-embed-video.2183/#post-47614 Please see what he said Kier, and see the auto embed image system of Facebook too. Hope that it will help you :)

I don't think Kier or Mike need any help in how to code the feature; he has already explained what would be involved.

I dunno what computers people are running but my netbook can handle threads with 20 or more embedded media.

DD: Try updating flash, plugin-container.exe is the method Mozilla uses to load plugins outside of the main executable, i.e. you can kill that off with task manager and firefox shouldn't fall over just loose the flash content.
My computers can handle 100+ embedded media... but I'm a tech guy. As a programmer I always assume that my users are STUPID. Do you think the average user knows how to update flash, let alone kill off plugin-container.exe?

My computers can handle 100+ embedded media... but I'm a tech guy. As a programmer I always assume that my users are STUPID. Do you think the average user knows how to update flash, let alone kill off plugin-container.exe?
install it like a trojan, these users seem to have no problems doing that *runs*

good feature kier,
youtube features are great, xenforo users feature are awesome!

but theres much more important feature that needs to be implemented.

why not have some have you seen video features for the ADMINISTRATION side?.

administering the xenforo, much better and simpler way.
could you feature in have you seen
ex.

-MASS BULK CONVERSATION DELETE/LEAVE
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/mass-leave-personal-conversations.8125/

-OPTION TO SELF CLOSED TOPIC
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-lock-own-self-thread.18211/

-FASTER REPORTS HANDLING
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/faster-claim-and-handle-report.19755/#post-253124

and some others,
i guess we, i mean all of us 99.9% members here are forum owners/administrators.
we need to have some great features too, not only from users side :)

Keep it up kier!

Only features which exist can be in a HYS video.

which means, it must be implemented. :)

just wondering how many reports are reported here in xenforo ?
because weve got 50+ reports daily and simple admin things
gets bigger when you have volume of xf admin works...

Perhaps you should re-read my post. I was telling Digital Doctor he could kill it off because it was choking his PC :p

Would my users have to click on the movie icon to display the inline video? If they just post the link xenforo not even asks the user whether the video should displayed inline or there would just be a link in the post, right? In this case, I don't like the implementation, sorry.

Would my users have to click on the movie icon to display the inline video? If they just post the link xenforo not even asks the user whether the video should displayed inline or there would just be a link in the post, right? In this case, I don't like the implementation, sorry.

You have configurations available to fit your need. Embed button will always embed the media. Hence, in conjunction with three options available in ACP with Embed button will give you any behavior you might think of.

You have configurations available to fit your need. Embed button will always embed the media. Hence, in conjunction with three options available in ACP with Embed button will give you any behavior you might think of.
Is there an option in ACP where I can display videos online if a user posts a link?

My user audience does not know about bbcode. They insert a link (and this is even a great task for them) and want to display the video embedded within the post.

I am having CPU hitting 100% watching this Vimeo video on 3 PCs.
Firefox 3.6 + Windows XP.
Windows Vista + Chrome + IE8
Firefox 6 + Windows XP.

I tried again on XP + Firefox 3.6 (a different PC). I think it might have been a Vimeo problem.
Anyway ... great BBCode improvements - lots of people want auto-embed.

Top Bottom