• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BB Code Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this mean: "Please enter a valid callback method."

(Taking one more shot at this before giving up. I need the instructions for idiots.) :/

Where do you see this happening. in the WYSIWYG editor? Switching from plain text -> WYSIWYG fix this? Anything?

I went into the first post in the thread, clicked 'edit' and then tried to make the changes (adding spoiler code) and when I clicked save it gave me multiple buttons (4 in total) with only the last one working.

And I missed you're previous issue. I'll look into fixing that also.

We can really use this spoiler over at TeeVeeTown.com when folks are trying to share show information and other "Citizens" haven't watched the show yet! ;)

What does this mean: "Please enter a valid callback method."

(Taking one more shot at this before giving up. I need the instructions for idiots.) :/

Make sure the files were uploaded correctly.
I went into the first post in the thread, clicked 'edit' and then tried to make the changes (adding spoiler code) and when I clicked save it gave me multiple buttons (4 in total) with only the last one working.

We can really use this spoiler over at TeeVeeTown.com when folks are trying to share show information and other "Citizens" haven't watched the show yet! ;)

I'll see if I can reproduce this.

I'm hard at work what I'll be labeling as v1.1: the 'real' 1.0 release. It'll include the actual ability to add custom BB Codes with the following functionality:
  • ACP page (Sneak Peak: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12898142/Screen shot 2010-11-05 at 4.23.08 PM.png)
  • Adding of new BBCodes with the following options (Sneak Peak: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12898142/BBCodeEditEdit.png):
    • Tag Name, tag (
      ), title, and description
      [*]Simple replacement (used for something such as [floatLeft])
      [*]Simple replacement w/ Option
      [*]PHP Callback -- if you need more advanced functionality, it has the option to define the a PHP call back so that it is possible. The add on will handle calling it correctly for you.
    [*]Disable / Enable certain BB Codes
    [*]Remove custom BB Codes
    [*]Integration & Display on the Help -> BB Codes page
More advanced features will be available in later versions.

Edit: Added Sneak Peak of Editing / Adding.
Edit (again): This is basically done for the default. I only have 2-3 admin side things left to do and phrasing before I can release this to someone to beta test it. :)

A small suggestion I have is to make a permissions option based on user group to use certain bbcodes, I know this is quite popular amoung a few boards due to admin / staff only codes.
That's already completely doable via PHP Call Back. but default support for that probably won't come till around 1.2.

Just a note that v1.1 is done! Forsaken is beta testing it for me, and I have just 1 more error to fix before I release it to you guys. As stated above, more features will come. Mainly, this release doesn't allow for additions to the editor, meaning the function just like [php][/php] in regards to use (meaning they can be used, but they have no direct button). I didn't deviate too much from the above posted screenshots. I just built on top of it. And PHP callback is working like a charm!

Just a note that v1.1 is done! Forsaken is beta testing it for me, and I have just 1 more error to fix before I release it to you guys. As stated above, more features will come. Mainly, this release doesn't allow for additions to the editor, meaning the function just like [php][/php] in regards to use (meaning they can be used, but they have no direct button). I didn't deviate too much from the above posted screenshots. I just built on top of it. And PHP callback is working like a charm!

Alright KK! :)

Do these include the issues with the Spoiler code being resolved?

Alright KK! :)

Do these include the issues with the Spoiler code being resolved?

It'll include all the codes from my comprehensive guide. And that one has a fix for most of the problems. It uses a PHP Call Back so it won't be hard to fix things.

BB code permissions would be nice.

I'm looking forward to the new release.

PHP Callback functions allow you to utilize every aspect of XenForo's framework, so BB Code permissions should already be indirectly supported.

And since I'm an idiot I added another install step! Skip #3 and BB Codes don't show up in help.

I would assume so, but I'm not certain I can fix that. [flash]/flash.swf[/flash] should work tho.

I am still getting that "do you want to copy this folder without encryption" message - IE 8, Windows 7 Home Premium. Is it just me? I never did get the last version to work, and I don't know if that's why. And I reallyreallyreally need this Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom