• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BB Code Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still get that message with Firefox. I said "yes" and carried on. So, am I supposed to have a folder called _MACOSX?

Regarding this: What do I put in the form for 'install from file on server" to accomplish this? The entire URL or the XML file name or... what? Again I'm sorry to be so stupid but there's no option to locate this on the server and click install, and my previous experience with add-ons was that I just uploaded the file that was saved on my hard drive.
  1. Install add-on XML which is located within the /KingK/BbCodeManager/ directory.

Okay, I guess I came off as even more stupid than I am - which would be pretty damn stupid. :D I thought it had to be uploaded from the server since last time I got that callback-something message. But I see that's not the case. Sorry! And thank you!

(I wouldn't be harassing you like this if I didn't want this Mod so very badly. In case I haven't mentioned it in my last dozen posts - I'm very very grateful to you for providing it!)

This is my last question, I swear to God.

I have got the Flash working with just the plain flash /flash tags -- I did change the PHP code so that it will only embed Flash on my own server by adding my domain/folder to embed src.

Now I'm trying to get the height/width option to work..

This is your example, minus the outside brackets.

flash="400,200"]width,height.swf[/user

My questions:

1. Did you mean to put /user there?
2. Do I need to change the PHP code anywhere else besides embed src= (my domain/folder) for the height-width option to work? Or did that cover both Flash tags?

Thank you so much!

Just in case anyone else is having trouble with the height-width option in the Flash tag, I finally got it to work by adding px to the numbers. As in, flash=300px, 40px.

Installed
Thank you for this...

I should be able to implement my bbcodes now ... I'm going to snack and then try one right after.

Now go make a Rep Points Addon - so I can give you a point :-) just kidding
but for real, excellent work this looks and feels pro as far as the admin side of things goes +1.

This thread is on my browsers toolbar.

easy access...
also I have a feeling I may have a halfway decent bbcode to contribute now :-) ... so I may be here more often than other threads as this is my bread and butter, I have lots of fun with these just because they offer so much versatility.

Yep. I'm looking for a nice feature list for 1.2. Import Export I can have done within the week if I wanted.

Very nice update! Great plugin.
I have a question: How to make a spolier block work without an input button? Because I want spoiler to look more style-friendly.
I've looked up your code and found the spoiler html and changed it a bit so the spoiler block looks better:
PHP:
<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote">
                		<div class="attribution type">
                            <input type="button" value="' . $buttonText . '" onclick="
                                if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(\'div\')[1].getElementsByTagName(\'div\')[0].style.display != \'\')
                                {
                                    this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(\'div\')[1].getElementsByTagName(\'div\')[0].style.display = \'\';
                                    this.innerText = \'\'; this.value = \'Hide\';
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                    this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(\'div\')[1].getElementsByTagName(\'div\')[0].style.display = \'none\';
                                    this.innerText = \'\'; this.value = \'' . $buttonText . '\';
                                }" />
                        </div>
                        <div class="quotecontent">
                            <div style="display:none;"><blockquote>' . $content . '</blockquote></div>
                        </div>
                    </div>

KK, with the new version we're still getting the issue where adding a spoiler creates a new line altogether. So, if you add two in the same sentence it makes it look even worse. Please see attached for example.

Attachments

• Spoiler.webp
    Spoiler.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 47
KK, with the new version we're still getting the issue where adding a spoiler creates a new line altogether. So, if you add two in the same sentence it makes it look even worse. Please see attached for example.
Spoilers always create a new line.

I've found an annoying bug with the original spoiler BB Code which I can't resolve.

If you use this code, it all works fine and the button text changes from "Title" to "Hide" and back to "Title".
However, apostrophes can't be used in the button title.
Code:
<div class="spoiler"><div class="quotetitle"><input type="button" value="{TEXT1}" style="width:auto; font-size:11px; margin:0px; padding:2px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = '{TEXT1}'; }" /></div><div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">{TEXT2}</div></div></div>

If you use this code then apostrophes can be used but the button text changes from "Title" to "Hide" and then back to "Show".
Code:
<div class="spoiler"><div class="quotetitle"><input type="button" value="{TEXT1}" style="width:auto; font-size:11px; margin:0px; padding:2px;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">{TEXT2}</div></div></div>

The key bit of code is the this.innerText = ''; this.value = '{TEXT1}'; }" /> or this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" />

That's just for IE and FF though, the button text doesn't change at all in Chrome.

If anyone can come up with a fix to allow for correct button text and apostrophes then that would be great.

Apostrophes are a PHP bug. Open KingK/BbCodeManager/BbCode/Formatter/Default.php and find the following line:
PHP:
        $content = $parentClass->renderSubTree($tag['children'], $rendererStates);
Above it add:
PHP:
        $buttonText = addslashes($buttonText);
And apostrophes should work. The next version (as in v1.2) is going to introduce multiple options and it'll allow for the Show / Hide setting. But I may rewrite it to use more XenForo-esqu buttons / setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom