Barefooting

Having said that, I suffer from arthritis in my fingers and to some extent my feet. I do notice that if I've had shoes on that immobilise my feet (ie - most shoes), they tend to stiffen up and become painful for a few days afterwards. On the other hand, remaining barefoot and allowing my feet and toes to naturally flex when walking, the arthritis doesn't bother me unduly. Bare feet tend to be more active - I find that I naturally curl my toes periodically even when sitting still, which helps keeps the joints mobile.

What kind of places do you live? Are there not any foot damaging things all around?
I was wondering the same thing. They live in the UK though, so it's probably all country-sides with grass and dirt, like in those Lord Of The Rings movies. :D :p (I'm joking, by the way)
Well you're not too far wrong. There's a fair bit of urban landscape too, but we're lucky in here in the UK that there's no poisonous spiders or snakes, the climate is temperate and maritime and so there really isn't much in the way of foot-damaging things around at all.

When I am on forums about forums I feel like I am on a complete different planet. When I am on other forums things are a little more familiar. :)

I've been hearing and seeing a lot about these shoes lately. It seems to be they're claiming it pretty much a miracle shoe (just look at the two images on either side of the videos).

I might be wrong but looking at them made me think that they'd be worse in the long run than a normal shoe would be. :confused: If that's the future of shoes maybe it would be better off not wearing any at all.

I agree.

It seems logical to me that thousands of years of evolution can't be so wrong. If our ideal posture would be best achieved with bizarre looking soles, out feet would have tended toward that shape over generations of natural selection. Of course, they haven't. If you want to achieve your ideal posture, lose your shoes.

I saw them in a store supply store and thought they looked odd enough, but the main reason I had brought it up was that I had seen a commercial about it yesterday and the claims made in the video seems quite lofty for a shoe. I guess the worse it is for you the better they need to make it sound. :p

They look exactly the same as the MBT (Masai Barefoot Technology) shoes that have been doing the rounds for a few years now. I fail to see the point really, I have vastly superior barefoot technology conveniently attached to the end of my legs without needing to spend vast sums on ugly, clumpy-looking shoes.

Just ordered me a pair of these fine BF shoes. Going to use them for jogging.

large.jpg

large.jpg

In the NL it seems 5fingers.nl is offering them, I have to find a bit cheaper place, and call or visit them to see if they have my size and to try them out. With autumn coming and me being offline a lot more, picking up long walking or jogging again while strengthening your feet would not hurt. Which is great for going rock climbing in Europe next summer.

I've had these a while - use them for pretty much everything. They fit perfectly, never wear out, work exactly how I do, and I got them for the bargain price of nothing at all. :)

Best-shoes.webp

(Well, free apart from the cost of the whiteboard marker, now excuse me while I go and wash that off...)

I've had these a while - use them for pretty much everything. They fit perfectly, never wear out, work exactly how I do, and I got them for the bargain price of nothing at all. :)

View attachment 1398

(Well, free apart from the cost of the whiteboard marker, now excuse me while I go and wash that off...)

Hey.. wow.. I have a pair just like those!

In the NL it seems 5fingers.nl is offering them, I have to find a bit cheaper place, and call or visit them to see if they have my size and to try them out. With autumn coming and me being offline a lot more, picking up long walking or jogging again while strengthening your feet would not hurt. Which is great for going rock climbing in Europe next summer.

You will be surprised how comfortable these are Floris. I tend to use them as soon as i get home and have something to do. that i need to wear something. The ones i have right now are not really meant for jogging. Even though i do use them for that. But these will help me out a lot.

Yes, they are expensive online for some reason. They are like 80USD retail at the stores. So try to find a location near you that sells them. Follow their video for sizing too.

View attachment 1398

Thats some hardcore point making. 

:D 

View attachment 1398

I love those too Kier, but when i go outside, i have to wear something. I just can't go like that, and most of the time i wear my VFF's when i go out.

Top Bottom