Barefooting

Not sure how bare feet and wet floors could be any more hazardous than high heels and wet floors though?
Hypothesis - The coefficient of friction on rubber is greater than that of skin so you slip more than on your feet that rubber souls.

ANyone care to experiment?

Hypothesis - The coefficient of friction on rubber is greater than that of skin so you slip more than on your feet that rubber souls.
If there's an unmarked wet spot on the floor that the store is aware of and someone slips on it, it doesn't matter whether or not they were wearing shoes or what kind of shoes they were wearing, someone is likely going to press charges. ;)

I think the rule about no shirts no shoes came from the food industry. If you were dining do you want to see someone's hairy sweaty armit each time they took a drink? Or have someone cross their leg and see a foot full of fungus? ewwwwww.

disclaimer: not saying anyone in this thread has sweaty hairy armpits or fungus covered feet, though if you do.. ummmmm.... yeah, can you let me know where you will be dining so I won't be there at that time? Thank you... and don't anyone be insulted because I love each and every member of our community. Yes even you!

I once tried to wear a pair of crocs but found they where heavy on the foot.
34isqhi.jpg

Hahaha! Though I have to say, Mr. C. Odile there is significantly better looking than the Crocs I've seen people stuffing their feet into.

I'm still debating whether to go bare footed to the supermarket. I guess my concern has to be whether security or management in asda (where I shop) have any problems with it, or if I'll get stopped by security. Anyone here ventures to the supermarket barefooted to do their weekly shopping?
It shouldn't an issue. I've never been to a supermarket where you necessary had to have footwear on. I've seen many people barefoot in a supermarket before.

I think it is because of: wet floors + bare feet = possible lawsuit.
And there isn't a possible lawsuit if someone wearing shoes falls on a wet floor?

And as I stated earlier, the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" thing actually deals with employees more than it does patrons of a restaurant.

And there isn't a possible lawsuit if someone wearing shoes falls on a wet floor?

Of course there is. But a slipping accident is more likely with feet that are bare.

Also, what happens if a patron knocks a glass on the floor? Chances are if you have shoes on, nothing, but a barefooted person is going to bleed (lawsuit). And what if you cut your foot walking to the restaruant and didn't realize it? Blood trails won't go over that well at all.

I use to walk barefoot a lot as a kid, however when I lived with my dad I had to start wearing shoes more often (And because of school) because of random metal and such lying around.

I learned my lesson walking barefoot at his shop: Stepping on nails, large metal shards (One went right through my foot), tripping once and slicing open the webbing between my my big and little toe down to the bone, and a few other things.

Everywhere else I go without shoes though, its just more comfortable, and your feet are less likely to smell as well (You still sweat enough through socks that bacteria can grow at a proportionate rate in your shoes). 

I learned my lesson walking barefoot at his shop: Stepping on nails, large metal shards (One went right through my foot), tripping once and slicing open the webbing between my my big and little toe down to the bone, and a few other things.
Ouch! I'm all for being barefoot whenever possible, but a metal workshop might be stretching the boundaries of suitability ;)

Top Bottom