Barefooting

Is this more like it Peggy....

bigfoot.webp

You know, Wilma and Betty actually look kinda cute like that - in the same sort of way that a lion cub has big paws. Definitely not dainty though, and struggling to qualify for 'shapely' either ;)

You know, Wilma and Betty actually look kinda cute like that - in the same sort of way that a lion cub has big paws. Definitely not dainty though, and struggling to qualify for 'shapely' either ;)

Oh I think it's safe to say shapely would be a dream for those feet... But they do look kind of cute anyway :D bit like mine I guess well I like them!

For some reason certain very tactile people have always been fascinated with my feet, they have often been the recipient of foot massages from friends quite randomly.

foot massaaaage... such a lovely thing to do or even better receive *bliss out*

didn't I read somewhere you have a foot spa under your desk :p time to fire that baby up!

foot massaaaage... such a lovely thing to do or even better receive *bliss out*

didn't I read somewhere you have a foot spa under your desk :p time to fire that baby up!
The spa was a bit hazardous - all that bubbly water sloshing around right next to the big Mac tower, so for now I've got a rather nice shiatsu massage and heat gizmo sitting under there - as you said, *bliss out* :)

IMG_2023-rs.webp

My feet are just as sensitive as they ever were - it's actually a bit of a myth that the habitually unshod develop massively tough and insensitive soles.

What actually happens is that you develop a new, environmentally-aware, self-defending manner of walking, which allows you to walk over most surfaces without hurting yourself. The experienced barefoot walk involves tentatively placing your foot and testing the ground before you shift weight onto it, giving you the chance to quickly abort the step or move your foot before you press it down onto something hazardous. Of course, with experience and time this happens faster than is observable.

I recorded this very short and clip when I was walking back to the car at the supermarket to demonstrate how it's possible to walk over rough and variable terrain quickly and efficiently using this method. You'll have to excuse the astonishing cinematography ;)

And that didn't feel uncomfortable at all? Not even when you stood on those raised paving slabs??

The spa was a bit hazardous - all that bubbly water sloshing around right next to the big Mac tower, so for now I've got a rather nice shiatsu massage and heat gizmo sitting under there - as you said, *bliss out* :)

View attachment 2324

niiiiiiiice :D I might have to get one of those....

Coz.. I don't think my randomly touchy foot massaging friends would all fit under my desk.

Nice ride :D

That was on our shortlist for a while.
One thing I really like about it is the foot brake, which is specifically called a 'flip flop' brake, and has nice soft edges so you can operate it in flip flops or bare feet without it ripping your skin off or breaking your metatarsals *cough Jane Nomad*

Top Bottom