Resource icon

[Banxix] Bump Thread 1.0.5

No permission to download
The "Max Bumps Per Day" setting doesn't work on 2.1.4. 😥 Users are able to bump as many times in a day as they wish.

The "Max Bumps Per Day" setting doesn't work on 2.1.4. 😥 Users are able to bump as many times in a day as they wish.
It is still working. Please use Analyze Permissions in Groups and Permissions menu to get more detail.

@Banxix would it be possible to do sort of the opposite (with another add-on)? Moving closed threads to the bottom of the forum view?

@Banxix would it be possible to do sort of the opposite (with another add-on)? Moving closed threads to the bottom of the forum view?

Yes it is possible, but may need some effort. I'm not sure about other addons because it depends on execution order of the addons, so results may vary.

Hi @Banxix, two requests if possible:
  1. Could we disable/enable this on a per-forum basis? I would prefer to only have this active on certain forums.
  2. Would it be possible to set a bump limit per thread - for example, a user can bump all of their threads, but only once per day, per thread.
Appreciate your work - great mod!

Hi @Banxix, two requests if possible:
  1. Could we disable/enable this on a per-forum basis? I would prefer to only have this active on certain forums.
  2. Would it be possible to set a bump limit per thread - for example, a user can bump all of their threads, but only once per day, per thread.
Appreciate your work - great mod!

1. You can set the permissions for each node to suit your needs. (Can bump own threads; Can bump other threads)
If they are set to No or Never, user won't be able to bump. Please use Analyze permissions to make sure it works.

2. You cannot customize the limit per-thread, but you can set maximum number of bumps for each usergroup a day.

@Banxix on more question if I may, regarding the Bump Thread sort.

My goal is to have the forum sorted by either most recent message, or bump, whichever is newest.

It seems with the bump sort enabled, it's pushing threads with recent replies down, but I can't quite figure out the logic here. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the intent of the bump sort?

Bump sort:
1572457827915.webp

Last message sort:
1572457901699.webp

@sHORTYWZ It sorts threads based on bump log. That means, only threads which were ever bumped, get sorted.
So it is not actually "sort" but it is like a filter.

Ahh! That makes more sense - not what I want in this case - thank you!

Actually, when user bumps a thread, update time of the thread is also changed, so it is currently working as your need.
The bumped sort is for special use case that is requested by a donator.

Actually, when user bumps a thread, updated time of the thread is also changed, so it is currently working as your need.
The bumped sort is for special use case that is requested from a donator.

Yes, sorry - I should have clarified my statement. The mod itself is working perfectly with the regular sort!

Hi,

I have a question, my board has more than 100 forums and 8 different user groups, I want to activate this feature only on 5 forums, what should I do?

Should I disable this feature on every nodes and user groups? cause I didn't find any other solutions and this way of action takes lots o time.

Thank you

Hi,

I have a question, my board has more than 100 forums and 8 different user groups, I want to activate this feature only on 5 forums, what should I do?

Should I disable this feature on every nodes and user groups? cause I didn't find any other solutions and this way of action takes lots o time.

Thank you

The default permissions are No so you just need set it to Yes for demanded forums.

@Banxix - can you clarify the function of the "Time limit in seconds between each bump" permission? Is this per thread, per node, or overall per user?

My intent is to allow a given thread to only be bumped once per week, but a given user should be able to bump multiple threads up to their max per day - would this serve this function?

@Banxix a couple of your add-ons conflict with my Standard Library by Xon add-on as they use a much older version of the SV/Utils repo. Moving to the shared add-on makes updating a heck of a lot saner (I also take pull requests)

The minimum php version matches XF2.2, so it is a relatively minor bug in php requirements.

Top Bottom