Banner destroy page layout

Sunka

@Chris D - when I put some ad or classic banner on page, gallery page layout is ruined. Any ad location (header, above breadcrumb...) ruined gallery page layout. For example, photo is streched through all page, sidebars are destroyed, rate is not working... please see picture below

error.webp

If I disable banner, gallery page is like it should be.

ok.webp

Could you help?

Which version of XFMG are you running?

Do you have any customised or outdated templates? Specifically xengallery_media_view and xengallery_media_view.css

Was the above screenshot taken in Firefox?

As your media isn't viewable to guests, it makes it hard for us to debug. We'll need to be able to see this in place. It's very possible that the ad is creating invalid HTML.

Everything works as expected for me. I think this may imply an issue specific to you (such as because of an ad blocker).

Strange. If ad is there, then layout not working for me as an admin. @Siropu - could this be related to your add on then? Only on gallery pages layout is destroyed for some unknown reason for me.

Strange. If ad is there, then layout not working for me as an admin. @Siropu - could this be related to your add on then? Only on gallery pages layout is destroyed for some unknown reason for me.

Only you have this problem or registered users too? As a guest I don't see any problems. If you can provide admin credentials via PM I can take a look at what the problem is.

Is it the same logged out?

From a different machine?

Or with that add-on disabled? Or any other add-ons disabled?

Only you have this problem or registered users too? As a guest I don't see any problems. If you can provide admin credentials via PM I can take a look at what the problem is.

So, after experimenting with different browsers and accounts, this bug start only if user is in Superadmin group whatever browser is in use.
If any kind of banner is activated on page, and user is member of SuperAdmin group, layout of gallery page is broken.

I've looked at the problem and it's weird. Basically the css.php only shows this line:

@charset "UTF-8";

If you remove 2 CSS templates from the CSS list of the css.php GET request, the CSS is displayed. My Add-on uses 2 CSS templates here so that's why when you disable the Ad on this page, the CSS is displayed again as the 2 CSS aren't used.

You might think that my Add-on causes the problem but I also tried removing manually other 2 CSS templates with the Ad enabled and the CSS is displayed.
On this page there are 29 CSS templates. So what could be the problem?

Yep, if I disable random two addons (or in some case just one) which are connected with css on gallery page, then gallery page layout is normal, not broken.
So, like Siropu said, problem has something to do with the amount of css templates and the data loaded from them.
So, is there some solution other then unistall addons related with css on gallery page?

css=BRLB_editor,GoToTop_purecss,Gritter,GritterEXTRA,bb_code,editor_ui,inline_mod,likes_summary,message_user_info,moderator_bar,mood_display,nat_public_css,quoteME,sidebar_share_page,siropu_ads_manager_ad_common,siropu_ads_manager_ad_type_banner,unread_posts_count,xengallery_comment,xengallery_comments_content,xengallery_font_awesome_rating,xengallery_inline_mod,xengallery_media_alerts,xengallery_media_content_tag,xengallery_media_lightbox,xengallery_media_view,xengallery_owner_information,xengallery_tab_links&style

If you submit a ticket with FTP details and an example css.php URL that triggers the issue (though I suppose you have above), I will attempt to debug it. I suspect it is related to something on your server (a configuration value) more than XF itself, though I'm not sure what that would be off hand. (Potentially a regular expression limit.)

Top Bottom