1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banner destroy page layout

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by Sunka, May 20, 2015.

1. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

@Chris D - when I put some ad or classic banner on page, gallery page layout is ruined. Any ad location (header, above breadcrumb...) ruined gallery page layout. For example, photo is streched through all page, sidebars are destroyed, rate is not working... please see picture below

error.png

If I disable banner, gallery page is like it should be.

ok.png

Could you help?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Which version of XFMG are you running?

Do you have any customised or outdated templates? Specifically xengallery_media_view and xengallery_media_view.css

Was the above screenshot taken in Firefox?

3. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Last one - v1.0.5a

Nop. Just default

Yes. It seems that this is firefox related bug? I have firefox v38.0.1
    Any solutions?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

As your media isn't viewable to guests, it makes it hard for us to debug. We'll need to be able to see this in place. It's very possible that the ad is creating invalid HTML.

5. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Try now @Mike - http://www.pijanitvor.com/media/image.554/
    Photo is not streched because is not wide enough to destroy page layout, but all other errors are there, but only in firefox.
    Image is not centered, lightbox is not working, sidebar is destroyed...

6. Mike

Everything works as expected for me. I think this may imply an issue specific to you (such as because of an ad blocker).

7. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

No ad blocker on my side, this bugs shows only on firefox (i use newest firefox 38.0.1)

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Works fine for me in FF 38.0.1.

9. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Strange. If ad is there, then layout not working for me as an admin. @Siropu - could this be related to your add on then? Only on gallery pages layout is destroyed for some unknown reason for me.

10. Brogan

Is it the same logged out?

From a different machine?

11. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Or with that add-on disabled? Or any other add-ons disabled?

12. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

Only you have this problem or registered users too? As a guest I don't see any problems. If you can provide admin credentials via PM I can take a look at what the problem is.

13. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

So, after experimenting with different browsers and accounts, this bug start only if user is in Superadmin group whatever browser is in use.
    If any kind of banner is activated on page, and user is member of SuperAdmin group, layout of gallery page is broken.

14. Brogan

Sounds like an add-on or customisation is involved.

15. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

I've looked at the problem and it's weird. Basically the css.php only shows this line:

@charset "UTF-8";

If you remove 2 CSS templates from the CSS list of the css.php GET request, the CSS is displayed. My Add-on uses 2 CSS templates here so that's why when you disable the Ad on this page, the CSS is displayed again as the 2 CSS aren't used.

You might think that my Add-on causes the problem but I also tried removing manually other 2 CSS templates with the Ad enabled and the CSS is displayed.
    On this page there are 29 CSS templates. So what could be the problem?

Sunka likes this.
  16. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

It is getting stranger. Somehow is connected with @Luke Foreman addon Minorin because if I disable that addon, gallery page layout is getting back to normal. Luke, could you find somehow soulution here?

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  17. Siropu

Siropu Well-Known Member

From my tests the problem has something to do with the amount of css templates and the data loaded from them.

Sunka likes this.
  18. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Yep, if I disable random two addons (or in some case just one) which are connected with css on gallery page, then gallery page layout is normal, not broken.
    So, like Siropu said, problem has something to do with the amount of css templates and the data loaded from them.
    So, is there some solution other then unistall addons related with css on gallery page?

19. Mike

If you submit a ticket with FTP details and an example css.php URL that triggers the issue (though I suppose you have above), I will attempt to debug it. I suspect it is related to something on your server (a configuration value) more than XF itself, though I'm not sure what that would be off hand. (Potentially a regular expression limit.)

Sunka likes this.
  20. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Submited (y)