Back in the game

Shawn Gossman

Hey folks,

After quite a long absence, I'm back in the forum game. I've missed the forums! Made me a couple to play with and let get as big (or small) as they want to be. Looking forward to catching up. Hopefully there are some people left who knew me, lol.

Anything really important to know nowadays? Any must have addons? etc.

My first forum is maybe 2 days old and I have over 50 real members :D but I have a YouTube following and I think that is why haha

Any must have addons?
This thread may give you some indicators to "must have" addons - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/best-favorite-xenforo-2-x-addons.182351/

Personally, I'd recommend anything by @Bob - excellent addons and support. Also, check out @Xon, @BassMan and @Ozzy47 (Spaminator addons will make your admin life easier, instantly).

Theme-wise both @ThemeHouse and @Pixel Exit are the main designers. I've used them both in the past and both are highly customisable even for someone who isn't very computer literate like me. I'd say, Pixel Exit ones are probably more user-friendly and work better with other addons out the box.

Welcome back and good luck with your forums.

Last edited:
Hey folks,

After quite a long absence, I'm back in the forum game. I've missed the forums! Made me a couple to play with and let get as big (or small) as they want to be. Looking forward to catching up. Hopefully there are some people left who knew me, lol.

My first forum is maybe 2 days old and I have over 50 real members :D but I have a YouTube following and I think that is why haha
@AndyB has some very good add-ons that make an administrator's job running their community much easier. His support is extremely good.

Hey folks,

Welcome back Shawn! Wow, you joined just a few months after I announced my retirement from Web development, and I just came back myself after ten years. Maybe the cosmos is gearing up for something great. lol

Top Bottom