Add-on Aweber integration

Yes, let's get this going. Chris needs to be paid. Who's in??

Ken you already know this but I wanted to let the others know that I am in as well. Let's get this all figured out as quick as possible so Chris can get paid. It's a great mod!

Is this mod completed? Let me know how much it cost if it's possible. PC me? Thanks in advance.

Jack

Has anyone gotten back to you yet? I'm not sure of the exact price, sorry.

Ken you already know this but I wanted to let the others know that I am in as well. Let's get this all figured out as quick as possible so Chris can get paid. It's a great mod!

Has anyone gotten back to you yet? I'm not sure of the exact price, sorry.
I'm ready to pay Track.

Is this mod completed? Let me know how much it cost if it's possible. PC me? Thanks in advance.

Jack
Hi Rich,

We need to pay Chris $250 total. So the more we can get the less it will be for each of us.

Ken

What about unsubscribes? Do they feed back to XF account?
I'm not sure I understand what the benefit of that would be.

If you subscribed via XenForo then you can unsubscribe by going to Account -> Contact Details

I'm not sure I understand what the benefit of that would be.
If you subscribed via XenForo then you can unsubscribe by going to Account -> Contact Details

If you are using Aweber for email distribution, then unsubscribes will remain with them in the list on Aweber. If you decide to send an email from XF instead (or in addition), then your XF user account has no record that the users does not wish to receive site mailings and you would be in breach of spam rules.

The options remain separate.

That is, there is a "Subscribe to our Newsletter" option and a "Receive Site Mailings" option. One is basically opting out of receiving mails from AWeber, the other opting out of receiving mails from XenForo.

I think this remains the best solution. I'm of the opinion that Site Mailings and Newsletter Mailings are two separate things.

That is, there is a "Subscribe to our Newsletter" option and a "Receive Site Mailings" option. One is basically opting out of receiving mails from AWeber, the other opting out of receiving mails from XenForo.

I think this remains the best solution. I'm of the opinion that Site Mailings and Newsletter Mailings are two separate things.

That would be good, if indeed that was the case.

The 'Receive Site Mailings' option on user accounts only takes effect for sending mass emails from XF (/admin.php?users/email). Even with that option off/unselected, XF still sends emails for Convo notifications, subscribed threads, etc. Thus the purpose/usage for the 'Receive Site Mailings' option is to manage subscriptions to mass emails and newsletters etc.

Its purpose is to manage the receiving of e-mails generated by XenForo.

There is an additional option included in this add-on which allows you to manage the receiving of e-mails generated by AWeber.

Its purpose is to manage the receiving of e-mails generated by XenForo.
There is an additional option included in this add-on which allows you to manage the receiving of e-mails generated by AWeber.

Regardless of the delivery mechanism/source, if a user unsubscribes then spam laws require that it be from all marketing emails from your organisation.
Having two seperate lists and authorisations makes no sense, nor does the authoritative source of your CRM options being owned by someone else in the cloud.

Mandrill is a good example of an email delivery service that enables call-back URL functionality for updating your own CRM database for bounces or unsubscribes.

I'm just saying how it is.

This add-on retains the option for XenForo mailings and adds a new option for AWeber mailings. Effectively, it's no different to how people would be managing their lists without this add-on.

If you are concerned about legal compliance then my recommendation would be to ensure the XenForo mailing functionality is not used.

This add-on retains the option for XenForo mailings and adds a new option for AWeber mailings. Effectively, it's no different to how people would be managing their lists without this add-on.
You miss the point ... why have the add-on create a 2nd duplicate option, when both options mean the same thing - the user does not wish to get mailings from your site (regardless of the delivery method or mechanism).

I think Aweber will be use more for broadcast,campaign & promotional, as for the Xenforo default mail use for notification, watched/subscribed thread , new reply, Private Message etc

Lets Wrap this add-on ...

Lets get it done folks ... if there are 7 people , each will be paying $35

Is that how many people are paying? Do you have a list of the people? I want to send my portion today or tomorrow at latest. I don't care how much it is, I just need to know. This isn't fair to Chris.

Top Bottom