Add-on Aweber integration

Yeah I want to do this.

And I think you should get some sort of agreement in place with the others who were interested - wouldn't be fair for you to be the only contributor :p

Can you detail your ideal features? Of course number one must be automatic sign up to Aweber upon registration, opt in in account settings and opt out in account settings.

Anything else?

It would be handy (though not essential) if I was able to use someone's existing AWeber account for this. If you're able to do this, please send me a PM with some login details. It will just save me having to sign up and I'd also be able to more closely analyze how it currently works with a live list, what the other features are that I can tap into etc.

I imagine I'd be able to create a new list for me to practice on? (so as not to disturb existing lists)

Might be looking at a little bit of time before I can properly get started, though. I keep procrastinating when there's other projects I need to be working on (Sorry TheBigK :notworthy:)

Yeah I want to do this.

And I think you should get some sort of agreement in place with the others who were interested - wouldn't be fair for you to be the only contributor :p

Can you detail your ideal features? Of course number one must be automatic sign up to Aweber upon registration, opt in in account settings and opt out in account settings.

Anything else?

It would be handy (though not essential) if I was able to use someone's existing AWeber account for this. If you're able to do this, please send me a PM with some login details. It will just save me having to sign up and I'd also be able to more closely analyze how it currently works with a live list, what the other features are that I can tap into etc.

I imagine I'd be able to create a new list for me to practice on? (so as not to disturb existing lists)

Might be looking at a little bit of time before I can properly get started, though. I keep procrastinating when there's other projects I need to be working on (Sorry TheBigK :notworthy:)

Really my ideal features would be for users to be automatically added to the list. Now, In think in this scenario Aweber would require double opt-in, but I don't think that affects you.

I suppose I should CONSIDER a box where they won't be added to the list but I'm not sure if I even want to include that...they can always unsubscribe and if it's double opt-in then it doesn't hurt them anyway. But I would want to confirm first if I'm required to do double opt in. (I don't on my current list but I'm not using the API for that).

I suppose I should PM the peeps on this thread to see who's still interested?

Yeah I could give you access to my account (I'll just back it up first). Let me know when you'd want to do this.

Anything I missed?

K

I might be interested in this.

Would also be great that if you are already registered, you were automatically opted in to receive newsletters unless you check it off.(I think this was what Kenneth was asking for)

I might be interested in this.

Would also be great that if you are already registered, you were automatically opted in to receive newsletters unless you check it off.(I think this was what Kenneth was asking for)

Hi Dark Wizard,

I'm ready to move forward on this so let me know when/if you want to as well. :)

Ken

Anyone still interested in Aweber integration ?

Chris + Ken + you = a winning team :)

Ken: you might want to post in all the threads where people are having problems with emails with Xenforo. As well in any threads about MailChimp, etc.
Plus start another topic with the word email in the title ... not everyone knows aweber by name (including myself, I confused it with amember!)
Good luck :)

aweber =

Email Marketing Software
Create profitable customer relationships for your business! AWeber's email marketing tools like professional email signup forms & autoresponder services make it easy for you to build your email list and stay in touch with prospects.

Find out why over 115,000+ businesses trust our email marketing software to deliver the best results for any size email marketing campaign.

Yeah I want to do this.

Anything else?

Chris,

Waiting on Aweber to get back to me regarding a developer account for you. Will let you know when I hear.

Ken

Chris,

Waiting on Aweber to get back to me regarding a developer account for you. Will let you know when I hear.

Ken
Thanks Ken.

If it comes to it, I will just sign up for my own account - but I'm swamped at the minute so it's good news (for me at least :p)

I better get some work done :D

I'll keep looking for others who will want this.

If this mod is done right, it will be popular over time. To get people added to your mailing list so you can contact them, etc...is a powerful thing (as I'm sure you know) and Aweber rocks and is very affordable.

Btw, there is a Mailchimp plugin that was done for my site which I released last year or so. Their API is great but I'm sure others have reasons to like Aweber.

Thanks Blueprint4Love. I will check that link out.

I am currently working on a full integration with AWeber. Here's what I have so far...

So, in the Admin CP > Users there will be a new item underneath "Email Users" called AWeber Integration.

Right now, this isn't very functional. It allows you to log in to your AWeber account:
Ywj2t.png

At the moment, after logging in it then displays a list of your current lists and number of subscribers. I plan to do more with this and obviously make it look better but for now, this is what we have:

WnjL9.png

The best thing at the moment is I already have it working that a user is automatically subscribed to your list :)

Lots more work to do, but good progress, I feel :)

Hi Everyone,

Chris finished the Aweber mod for XF and I've already installed it on my site....works great!

The more people who want this the less everyone will have to pay. PM me for details ASAP.

Ken

Here's some screenshots, there's not a lot to see right now.

One area for improvement is the Admin CP.

I am going to need to know from experienced AWeber users what kind of functionality is needed in the Admin CP. I will be happy to implement any reasonable suggestions.

Here's what the AWeber Integration screen looks like when the add-on is first installed:
us9me.png

You need to get a AWeber Application Key and Secret. This is done by creating an "AWeber application" at AWeber Labs. This allows your AWeber account to be automatically interacted with by XenForo. Don't worry. All it requires you to do is create an AWeber Labs account and fill in a few options. One of the options is to "Allow access to subscriber data". Without this, you won't be able to make changes to subscribers (such as adding them to a list, or deleting them).

Once that's done, you pop the details in the options:
QDNut.png

The key and secret have been explained. Here is where you will specify which list XenForo should interact with. This is one area for improvement. There's currently a step required to get the list ID...

So go back to AWeber Integration and click login:
4ZxGs.png

You then get an AWeber login box. This is where you log in to your AWeber account. Once the process is complete, you should see your lists...

Again... this area needs improvement:
kKPIW.png

Notice the "List ID"? Take the number that relates to the list you want to be used, and put that in the options screen.

On the registration form (for normal registrations or indeed Facebook), you will see this:
jSnYo.png

But that will only show up if the option to allow opt out during registration is checked. If that option isn't checked the new user will be automatically signed up. According to Kenneth, due to the way the AWeber API operates, AWeber insist that a confirmation e-mail is sent. Once the user is registered, the confirmation e-mail is sent.

For existing members, they can subscribe, or indeed opt out of your mailings in the Admin CP:
TBrrn.png

And that's it, right now :)

Top Bottom