AVSForum moves from Huddler to vBulletin... 3.8.7 !

Stuart Wright

Maybe it's because the totality (or majority) of Verticalscope forums are under vBulletin...maybe the expertise of VerticalScope's team is only on VbSoftware.

VB 3.8 is good but look terribly old...Stuart maybe is better for you that your "competitors" uses "obsolete" software. :D

AVSForums is doomed. If you read that thread it's filled with people saying they liked the forum software they were using before moving back to vBulletin.

17 pages of

"Why the hell did you do this?
What happen to X cool feature?
It was easier before, but now not so much so
My phone / tablet no longer works here"

Good luck and may the force be with you

Stuart maybe is better for you that your "competitors" uses "obsolete" software. :D
Is exactly what I was thinking though there is less overlap in our audience than you might think because we predominantly serve the UK and they the USA.

I don't know anything about Huddler but if anyone wants feature-rich forum software, I would expect that something which is years out of date will fall short.

Comical at least, wow
Sad part is, people like that, never change their mind, despite overwhelming negative feedback.

Like Internet Brands, Vertical Scope uses their proprietary version of vbulletin 3. I would not even call it vbulletin version 3.8. Its vbulletin VS proprietary version.
It doesn't even use YUI anymore. Replacing all javascript in vb is a ton of work. I'll bet that they replaced a mass of outdated technology and added in a lot of modern stuff.

Like Internet Brands, Vertical Scope uses their proprietary version of vbulletin 3. I would not even call it vbulletin version 3.8. Its vbulletin VS proprietary version.
It doesn't even use YUI anymore. Replacing all javascript in vb is a ton of work. I'll bet that they replaced a mass of outdated technology and added in a lot of modern stuff.

There are a big difference from the "default vb"? I don't see a big difference in UI and features...

You're confused about what YUI does, Markos. I'm surprised people like the Huddler platform. It clunky, slow and its search engine blows. I caught a post on here the other day about someone wanting to move from Huddler to XF. I thought that was interesting. But never in a million years did I think someone would want to move to vB 3.8. Not that it's a bad version of vB of course.

You're confused about what YUI does, Markos. I'm surprised people like the Huddler platform. It clunky, slow and its search engine blows. I caught a post on here the other day about someone wanting to move from Huddler to XF. I thought that was interesting. But never in a million years did I think someone would want to move to vB 3.8. Not that it's a bad version of vB of course.

I know what is YUI...simply i thought that a "proprietary version" is likely something more than a "library replacement"...an example: Gaiaonline use (or have used in the past) a "proprietary version" of PHPBB that's very very different than the "default" version on many areas.

I like the Huddler websites. I see that there are many ideas that you can reuse for your projects...but yes, it's a obsolete platorm for the UI and the features. It was cool on 2010, now it's too "old style".

I was thinking "Wow. Wasn't this on xenForo?" Then I checked both AVSForum, and AVForums. Noticed that they're different beasts. :D

I was confused to say the least!

Is exactly what I was thinking though there is less overlap in our audience than you might think because we predominantly serve the UK and they the USA.
Time to pounce, Stuart. I'm hearing rumblings of AVS senior folks looking to start a new site. AVSForum is about to wilt and die.

Top Bottom