AVForums moves to Xenforo

Likewise, the comments are "similar." Call it "duplicate" but it's not really.
is simply the part I was commenting on. If you think the comments are "similar" and not an exact match, you're insane. As far as what google cares about, I don't know. But I promise you the replies/comments are exactly the same.

is simply the part I was commenting on. If you think the comments are "similar" and not an exact match, you're insane. As far as what google cares about, I don't know. But I promise you the replies/comments are exactly the same.
*rocks head* Oh yeah, dude. I'm insane. INSANE! *puts tongue out* Yeah, duuuuude. I'm innnnnnsaaaaaaaannnnnnnee.

Look. That thread OP is DIF-FER-ENT. So what if I'm wrong that comments on both "pages" are the same, you're still missing the point.... It's. not. a duplicate.

*goes back and continues saying "INNNNSAAAAANNNNEE"* Oh yeah, dude! I'm insaaaaaane!

This will be my last post on the topic:

#1 Result for googling "google duplicate content": https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66359?hl=en

Duplicate content
Duplicate content generally refers to substantive blocks of content within or across domains that either completely match other content or are appreciably similar. Mostly, this is not deceptive in origin. Examples of non-malicious duplicate content could include:

• Discussion forums that can generate both regular and stripped-down pages targeted at mobile devices
  • Store items shown or linked via multiple distinct URLs
  • Printer-only versions of web pages
If your site contains multiple pages with largely identical content, there are a number of ways you can indicate your preferred URL to Google. (This is called "canonicalization".)

Largely identical content...

Now, lets try and figure out how much content is identical with the other page. The top part, the review section, is not on the other page. That element takes up 956x4,315 pixels. The comments/replies, which can be found on the thread view, is absolutely duplicated content and it takes up 569x10817 pixels. The duplicated area is 1.49 times bigger than the review section. In other words, most of the content area is duplicated elsewhere.

It doesn't matter if you put the review above the comments or the comments above the review, it's still mostly identical content.

Now, I'm done with this conversation since I don't know if it even matters. Even if it does, Stuart doesn't seem to care.

Even if it does, Stuart doesn't seem to care.
Whoa. Whoa. Easy, tiger.

And you just proved to me nothing. Because I've already explained that both pages aren't duplicates mostly because they're canonical pages. The thread just asks users what they think of Robocop, and the article itself is reviewing the movie. You may see it as duplicate, but it's not, really - because they're linked. Like I've been exampling: vB4. CMS.

Got to be one of the first forums running 1.3. :)
Upgraded to 1.3 RC2 with all the template work yesterday, so upgrading to 1.3 just now was trivial.

You were running 1.3RC2 live?
Yes indeed. I saw @Chris D was running it without any problems, had installed it without issue on our sandbox, trust KAM so much I felt confident enough to go for it.

Yeah, against KAM's advice though.

Just surprised that AVF was :)
The official line always has to be one of caution and I'm normally happy to let other people do the initial testing of new software. But it's not like Xenforo is bug filled like some software I could mention. I kept a close eye on the bug reports forum. It being virtually empty was also reassuring.

And that just speaks to how confident customers are to xenForo! :)
Exactly.

Really nice style @Stuart Wright . I visited avforums in the old days sometimes, but as an user I really like the style and the little (and big) tweaks you done to Xenforo.
Thanks. We're not finished, yet. Got some really nice enhancements coming to core forum functionality soon.

Top Bottom