Lack of interest Avatar upload from URL

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Russ

I searched the forums but didn't see this out there.

More options are usually a good thing haha :), any plans to have the ability to link to an avatar?

Upload
Gravatar
Link to outside source

Just a thought! :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ya :) my list was just stating which are there currently, and which I think would be a good fit :) - didn't make that too clear haha

Ya it's really no biggie, I went to link my avatar on my website, realized I couldn't, hit save - > then upload.

But I hadn't seen this discussion so it was more to spark one up :)

Hi all, I don't know why because, in this moment, We can't add avatar from URL, please add this simple function for You script ;)

Greetings, Robert.

uhm .. personally i prefer the gravatar system, you can associate a specific image to a specific e-mail, this allow us to recognize you everywhere ... :D

You could always download the image in question and then upload it from your computer - it doesn't seem like a major step to me, especially as the image will tend to be relatively small.

I would like a user to be able to supply a URL for their avatar, and have the server grab the image from the remote location and save it locally. No hot-linking to the image, just a one time thing as it gets saved.

I would like a user to be able to supply a URL for their avatar, and have the server grab the image from the remote location and save it locally. No hot-linking to the image, just a one time thing as it gets saved.

I never quite understood why it is so hard for someone to just load the image in the browser, save it, and then use the upload feature for avatar?

It's a one second step "click, save"

Because they want the quickest/easiest path. Reducing the number of steps to achieve something is what most people prefer. Instead of rightclick-save > name saved file > click upload avatar > browse for file > select file > click upload > go back and delete file, people want Paste address into field > click upload.

Top Bottom