Lack of interest Avatar upload from URL

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Russ

I searched the forums but didn't see this out there.

More options are usually a good thing haha :), any plans to have the ability to link to an avatar?

Upload
Gravatar
Link to outside source

Just a thought! :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd think it would be safe to say that 90% or more of my users have never even heard of gravatar.

Also by the looks of it, there does not appear to be animated gif support. I'm aware that the current build also "freezes" animated gifs (at least in the postbit) but also hope that when support for imagemagick is added animated gifs in the postbit will be possible.

I'd like this because it would allow for animated gifs, and I'm not prepared to give those up forever without a fight. Nor do I want to be stuck with mushy jpgs forever, the file format that I hate most. Gravatars are just awful, and the last I checked they have to be some tiny size like 50x50 which means Xenforo would resize them upwards - right? (If so - bleah.)

Avatars are a big deal to people - the more options they have with them, the better. It makes no sense to give people a slick modern board that's more convenient in every other way, and then stick them with blurry muddy jpgs for their avatars. It's like giving someone a brand new high-tech laptop and forcing them to use dialup to get online.

Top Bottom