• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Avatar upload from URL

Russ

I searched the forums but didn't see this out there.

More options are usually a good thing haha :), any plans to have the ability to link to an avatar?

Upload
Gravatar
Link to outside source

Just a thought! :)

Russ

Ya :) my list was just stating which are there currently, and which I think would be a good fit :) - didn't make that too clear haha

Russ

Ya it's really no biggie, I went to link my avatar on my website, realized I couldn't, hit save - > then upload.

But I hadn't seen this discussion so it was more to spark one up :)

Hi all, I don't know why because, in this moment, We can't add avatar from URL, please add this simple function for You script ;)

Greetings, Robert.

KURTZ

uhm .. personally i prefer the gravatar system, you can associate a specific image to a specific e-mail, this allow us to recognize you everywhere ... :D

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
You could always download the image in question and then upload it from your computer - it doesn't seem like a major step to me, especially as the image will tend to be relatively small.

Jesepi

I would like a user to be able to supply a URL for their avatar, and have the server grab the image from the remote location and save it locally. No hot-linking to the image, just a one time thing as it gets saved.

F

Floris

I would like a user to be able to supply a URL for their avatar, and have the server grab the image from the remote location and save it locally. No hot-linking to the image, just a one time thing as it gets saved.
I never quite understood why it is so hard for someone to just load the image in the browser, save it, and then use the upload feature for avatar?

It's a one second step "click, save"

Jesepi

Because they want the quickest/easiest path. Reducing the number of steps to achieve something is what most people prefer. Instead of rightclick-save > name saved file > click upload avatar > browse for file > select file > click upload > go back and delete file, people want Paste address into field > click upload.