1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Automatic Group Promotion not Working

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CommanderMadi, Jan 29, 2015.

1. CommanderMadi

CommanderMadi Member

Howdy,

I am currently running a test version on my localhost for my newly purchased XF board. Here is what is going on with the group permissions:

1- I renamed the registered group to "New Members" and allowed the permissions I wanted.
    2- I created a new group called "Members" and I didn't edit any permissions in it since it shall inherit from the new members.
    3- I created a promotion titled "Member" and marked the "Members" group as the "Add to usergroup" option.
    4- I chosen that the member who shall be promoted is those who have 15 posts at least.
    5- I have a test account that got already 20 posts but it didn't get promoted from new members to members.

What shall I do?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Has the cron task run?

admin.php?cron/

upload_2015-1-29_19-22-53.png

3. CommanderMadi

CommanderMadi Member

4. CommanderMadi

CommanderMadi Member

Actually it shows Next Run: Jan 29, 2015 at 8.20 PM

5. CommanderMadi

CommanderMadi Member

And yes it ran.

6. Brogan

The promotion should now have been processed.

Be aware that the primary user group does not change.

7. CommanderMadi

CommanderMadi Member

I made few tweaks to get it to work but still. (Maybe I am kind of confused)

1- I renamed the group back to default >> "Registered" with a title display of "Newbie"
    2- Created another test account as a member of the "Registered" usergroup.
    3- Created another usergroup called "Novice Members".
    3- Created a new promotion and gave it the title of "Novice Member" and checked "Novice Members" as the "Add to usergroup" option.
    5- Decided that this who shall receive this promotion has at least 10 messages.
    6- Posted 12 messages with my new test account.
    7- Manually ran the cron task
    8- Still he got the title as "Newbie" but when I searched "List all users" it showed me that that test account was added to the "Novice Members" usergroup but as a secondary one.

This is not what I want. I want this account to move to the Novice Members group automatically when he posts more than 10 posts.

8. Brogan

The system doesn't work like that - the primary user group never changes.

The user title is independent of the user group by default - it is determined by trophy points.
    Otherwise set a specific title for the user group and ensure the display styling priority is higher.

Amaury likes this.
  9. CommanderMadi

CommanderMadi Member

Okay but how to update his title? I wrote the title I want in promotion but it still displays as "Newbie"

10. Brogan

^ See above.

CommanderMadi likes this.
  11. CommanderMadi

CommanderMadi Member

Thank you. Solved.