XF 2.2 Automated bounced email handler

Chad

I enabled Automated bounced email handler and I see so far over 1k bounced emails from a newsletter sent after the option was enabled. However, I started looking up some of the bounced emails and they are still showing "Receive news and update emails" enabled option in their profiles. Am I misunderstanding how this works? Where do the bounced emails show in admin panel and their logs?

The email bounce log section is empty, baffling me.

Profile options are not updated for members with bounced email addresses.

The status is updated to Email invalid (bounced).

It is the status change which prevents further emails being sent.
My problem is that bounced email addresses are logged correctly and I have plenty of bounced emails listed on my admin log. But when I check those users, their user state is still awaiting email confirmation and user state is not getting changed to Email Invalid state. Because of these repeated emails are being sent to Hard Bounced email address.
Is there any other setting I have to do to make sure hard bounced email users state is changed to Email Invalid (bounced) state

I enabled Automated bounced email handler and I see so far over 1k bounced emails from a newsletter sent after the option was enabled. However, I started looking up some of the bounced emails and they are still showing "Receive news and update emails" enabled option in their profiles. Am I misunderstanding how this works? Where do the bounced emails show in admin panel and their logs?

The email bounce log section is empty, baffling me.
Did you every figure this out? I'm running into the same issue.

Top Bottom