Auto Link Titles

Auto Link Titles 1.0.10

No permission to download
I don't know if it was an issue, or just "timing", but when I installed this add-on my site's responsiveness was slower. I removed it shortly after and things did seem to improve somewhat, but I ended up clearing some caches and rebooting my server (no big deal it needed to be done anyway).

It's no problem to try again, but thought I'd share before trying.

What do you mean by responsiveness? Going from one page to another? Or doing something specific?

The add-on does absolutely nothing during page load. No extra code is executed when you view a thread. No additional queries. Absolutely zero overhead that would account for a forum being slower during normal operation.

The add-on only executes code when a post is being processed. So the very second you click Create Thread or Post Reply, if there are any valid URLs it's only then that it might seem slower because it has to go off and load some HTML from the URL/s being posted.

Was that error logged after you installed the latest version?

I cannot reproduce the error with any of the links in that post in the current version. But the older versions almost definitely would have.

Chris Deeming updated Auto Link Titles with a new update entry:

Code refactoring, bug fix in encoding detection and conversion

Thank you to Avensen for letting me know that some URLs in certain character sets were still returning garbage characters.

This lead me to review the code and as well as a bug in the conversion of the encoding, I added some additional code to better detect the original encoding and some improvements to the code in general.

Read the rest of this update entry...

What do you mean, "posting very long"?
Sorry, was in a hurry and post just something :)

I mean when I click on post button it just took very long to publish post when your add-on is enabled and post contains external link. Internal links works fine.

Btw, check convo to access my site and test.

It's expected.

It depends on the speed of your server's internet connection and the speed of the webserver it's communicating with.

The only way it can get the title is if it loads the page and looks at the HTML.

It's expected.

It depends on the speed of your server's internet connection and the speed of the webserver it's communicating with.

The only way it can get the title is if it loads the page and looks at the HTML.
That's the reason. So I guess I can not do anything about it.

Ah, nevermind... I guess my server is just to slow. I'll think about that add-on. It is very very cool, but I dislike that waiting...

Top Bottom