Auto Complete Location

Auto Complete Location 6.0

No permission to download
I had to disable the "Auto Fill Location (IP)" option, because it was autofilling the sign-up form with the wrong info.

Here's a screenshot:

View attachment 151825

It's autofilling as "Oregon, Wisconsin, United States", when in fact my IP address (and the computer I was using the sign-up form from) is located in Salem, Oregon, United States.

I verified my IP address using a Google search, just to make sure:

View attachment 151827

So in other words, the "Auto Fill Location (IP)" option is not working correctly.
You can disable it via options.

The accuracy of result is dependent on db-ip.com and as per them

How accurate are the locations in the database ?

The accuracy of a location depends on many factors, the most important being the ISP the address belongs to. For some providers we have street level accuracy, for most city level, for the worst and rare cases only country level, and a lot of intermediate situations. Accuracy is also generally higher for fixed lines than it is for cellular networks.

You can use the IP address query form on our website to see live results from our latest database, this way you may explore our data and test various addresses you own or know about.

You can disable it via options.

The accuracy of result is dependent on db-ip.com and as per them

Yeah, I disabled it for the meantime. I figured it was pulling the IP address from their database. Sounds like they've got some inaccurate information on their end. Oh well!

It's nice add-on but it's auto filling is wrong location, just tested on your site.
I'd like to see a way to prevent users from entering invalid locations, random words, such as; dreams, imaginations, heaven, my own world, etc.

I had the same problem, I updated from v4.0 to v5.0 and added the other API and it gives the wrong location when I try to register. I'm in San Jose, CA and it said I was in New Jersey.

I uninstalled the add-on and went back to v4.0 because Google is correct, at least here in the U.S. it is.

I had the same problem, I updated from v4.0 to v5.0 and added the other API and it gives the wrong location when I try to register. I'm in San Jose, CA and it said I was in New Jersey.

I uninstalled the add-on and went back to v4.0 because Google is correct, at least here in the U.S. it is.

Just packed an another version will update in two min for location auto correct, anyhow if you can send me IP then it would be great for testing purposes.

V6.0 is still not as accurate. It comes us with California, United States, but that's as close as it will get. It cannot determine my city. V4.0 still works better.

Which of the two functions are you relating to? Google MAPS or ip-api.com ?

I don't know, v6.0 only has a place for the Google API key, but I'm assuming its defaulting to the other one first. If so we need a way to select which one is the default. Google works best here.

I installed 6.0. Now when I go to sign-up for my forum, it just displays a comma in the "Location" field. This is of course only if you have the "Auto Fill Location (IP)" option enabled.

Screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 4.06.05 PM.webp

V6.0 is still not as accurate. It comes us with California, United States, but that's as close as it will get. It cannot determine my city. V4.0 still works better.

I don't know, v6.0 only has a place for the Google API key, but I'm assuming its defaulting to the other one first. If so we need a way to select which one is the default. Google works best here.
Auto fill by ip never work via Google, and I compared both services i.e the one used in 4.0 and 6.0 by using your IP address and both returned me same values.

I installed 6.0. Now when I go to sign-up for my forum, it just displays a comma in the "Location" field. This is of course only if you have the "Auto Fill Location (IP)" option enabled.

Screenshot below:

View attachment 151888

Send me site Url and IP address to check.

Auto fill by ip never work via Google, and I compared both services i.e the one used in 4.0 and 6.0 by using your IP address and both returned me same values.

Then what is the Google API used for and why is it even entered in the add-ons ACP settings?

V4.0 of this add-on automatically makes San Jose, California, US come up as soon as the registration page displays without even entering anything and that location is correct. v6.0 makes it comes up with just California, Untied States so they are not doing the same thing.

Not exactly sure what is going on, but v4.0 works correctly here and with my installation. The news ones don't.

Then what is the Google API used for and why is it even entered in the add-ons ACP settings?

When you type in location field it's shows various results for which Google API key is used.

V4.0 of this add-on automatically makes San Jose, California, US come up as soon as the registration page displays without even entering anything and that location is correct. v6.0 makes it comes up with just California, Unti

Two checks here
1. Can you check on mpm.pm registration page what it shows to you.
2. Provide me a screenshot of your options in admin cp.

I just now got it to work. I completely uninstalled v4.0 and then manually removed the location folders in the js and library folders and then did a clean install of v6.0 and now it works.

There must be something weird going on when I try to upgrade the add-on from v.4.0. I did that when I installed v5.0 and the again with v6.0, but a clean install of v6.0 seems to work.

Top Bottom