1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Complete Location 4.0

A simple jquery based addon for auto completing location

1. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

JustinHawk submitted a new resource:

Auto Complete Location - A simple jquery based addon for auto completing location

Read more about this resource...

2. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

JustinHawk updated Auto Complete Location with a new update entry:

Added option to Automatically fill user location via IP on Registration Page

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

4. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Very interesting - thanks for sharing!

2 x phrase issues :- 'user_field_locationla_desc' and 'user_field_locationln_desc' for the descriptors on the registration and personal details pages.

Not sure what the purpose of these latitude and longitude fields on the registration and personal details pages are for? Cannot see why they are there, or needed?

JustinHawk likes this.
  5. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

I just need them for my site so just added that :p

will be fixed in few minutes :p

6. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

PyroM and otto like this.
  7. Sperber

Sperber Active Member

Hey @JustinHawk ,
    thanks for sharing this. Unfortunal in 1.5.8. this happens when a visitor wants to register:

[​IMG]
    May be you can have a look into this.

8. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

The first line of error says its not my addon. Its another addon from awedo softwares i.e https://xenforo.com/community/resources/autocomplete-location.5084/

So maybe if you are using mine with that addon both are conflicting with each other. Also mine one just uses basic template modifications only so its very less chance that it may throw an error.

Kind regards,

9. Sperber

Sperber Active Member

Damnit, guess I´ve landed in the wrong resource, Justin :) Haven´t seen yours before I bought the awedo-thing. But for a good reason as it seems: I´m replacing his paid addon with your free one.

Thanks for sharing!

10. gfc

gfc Active Member

For international Boards it would be great to choose the Language of the Auto-Replace. I want to choose "Berlin, Deutschland" instead of "Berlin, Germany".

PyroM likes this.
  11. PyroM

PyroM Active Member

+1

Alfa1 likes this.
  12. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

will be updated soon :)

PyroM and gfc like this.
  13. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

If I wanted to add/apply this functionality to a custom user field, is there some code I can simply add to a template?

14. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

yes this is possible, i can help. Feel free to PM me for any info.

15. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

JustinHawk updated Auto Complete Location with a new update entry:

Support for Choosing language of Auto Replace

Read the rest of this update entry...

gfc likes this.
  16. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

Alfa1 and PyroM like this.
  17. PyroM

PyroM Active Member

Perfect, thank you!

18. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I would very much like to limit the address to country & state. This for two reasons:
    1. Members do not like their exact location known for privacy reasons. We don't want to cause problems with stalkers etc.
    2. Location needs to be searchable and standardized. We should easily be able to find all members in a specific country or state.
    Please add this limit.

19. JustinHawk

JustinHawk Active Member

This should be set for autoFill by IP address ? Or for Google Response ?

If its for autofill by IP of User then it would take only few time :) but i can't say anything for response sent by google api, as it completely based on what user typed in that field so altering is not possible against what user type. Again in last its only possible for autofill by user IP not for what response google sends.

PS : if you need this for autofill by IP just reply back and i will update it in few time :)

20. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I need it for both, but please start with IP.