Auto Complete Location

Auto Complete Location 6.0

No permission to download

JustinHawk

JustinHawk submitted a new resource:

Auto Complete Location - A simple jquery based addon for auto completing location

This a simple addon that auto-complete location field while registration and at other pages via jquery. See templates modified for more info :P

Templates modified :
account_personal_details
member_edit
register_facebook
register_form
register_google
register_twitter

Tested on Default XenForo Style and Some pixelexit themes only :)

Screenshots :

While registration :
View attachment 135523

On Personal Details page :View attachment 135524

How to Remove Powered By Google ?...

Read more about this resource...

JustinHawk updated Auto Complete Location with a new update entry:

Added option to Automatically fill user location via IP on Registration Page

Added option to Automatically fill user location via IP on Registration Page.

Screenshot :
View attachment 135579
View attachment 135581

Option Page :

View attachment 135580
Side Note :
1.It uses https://freegeoip.net/ for user IP detection and filing location field automatically.
2. May have some issues with VPN and proxies.
3. You're allowed up to 10,000 queries per hour by default. Once this limit is reached, all of your requests will result in HTTP...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very interesting - thanks for sharing!

2 x phrase issues :- 'user_field_locationla_desc' and 'user_field_locationln_desc' for the descriptors on the registration and personal details pages.

Not sure what the purpose of these latitude and longitude fields on the registration and personal details pages are for? Cannot see why they are there, or needed?

Not sure what the purpose of these latitude and longitude fields on the registration and personal details pages are for? Cannot see why they are there, or needed?
I just need them for my site so just added that :P

2 x phrase issues :- 'user_field_locationla_desc' and 'user_field_locationln_desc' for the descriptors on the registration and personal details pages.
will be fixed in few minutes :P

Hey @JustinHawk ,
thanks for sharing this. Unfortunal in 1.5.8. this happens when a visitor wants to register:

autocompletebhlai.png

May be you can have a look into this.

Hey @JustinHawk ,
thanks for sharing this. Unfortunal in 1.5.8. this happens when a visitor wants to register:

autocompletebhlai.png

May be you can have a look into this.

The first line of error says its not my addon. Its another addon from awedo softwares i.e https://xenforo.com/community/resources/autocomplete-location.5084/

So maybe if you are using mine with that addon both are conflicting with each other. Also mine one just uses basic template modifications only so its very less chance that it may throw an error.

Kind regards,

The first line of error says its not my addon. Its another addon from awedo softwares i.e https://xenforo.com/community/resources/autocomplete-location.5084/

So maybe if you are using mine with that addon both are conflicting with each other. Also mine one just uses basic template modifications only so its very less chance that it may throw an error.

Kind regards,
Damnit, guess I´ve landed in the wrong resource, Justin :) Haven´t seen yours before I bought the awedo-thing. But for a good reason as it seems: I´m replacing his paid addon with your free one.

Thanks for sharing!

For international Boards it would be great to choose the Language of the Auto-Replace. I want to choose "Berlin, Deutschland" instead of "Berlin, Germany".

JustinHawk updated Auto Complete Location with a new update entry:

Support for Choosing language of Auto Replace

As requested here :

For international Boards it would be great to choose the Language of the Auto-Replace. I want to choose "Berlin, Deutschland" instead of "Berlin, Germany".

Support for language has been added as per google API. I am bit bad at testing this feature (Don't know diff languages :P) so reviews regarding this would be appreciated. Also this feature will be supported less as whole its google response so much altering is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: gfc
I would very much like to limit the address to country & state. This for two reasons:
  1. Members do not like their exact location known for privacy reasons. We don't want to cause problems with stalkers etc.
  2. Location needs to be searchable and standardized. We should easily be able to find all members in a specific country or state.
Please add this limit.

I would very much like to limit the address to country & state
This should be set for autoFill by IP address ? Or for Google Response ?

If its for autofill by IP of User then it would take only few time :) but i can't say anything for response sent by google api, as it completely based on what user typed in that field so altering is not possible against what user type. Again in last its only possible for autofill by user IP not for what response google sends.

PS : if you need this for autofill by IP just reply back and i will update it in few time :)

Top Bottom