Auto Complete Location

Auto Complete Location 6.0

No permission to download
JustinHawk updated Auto Complete Location with a new update entry:

Added limit Option address to country & state for autofill by IP

As requested :

I would very much like to limit the address to country & state. This for two reasons:
  1. Members do not like their exact location known for privacy reasons. We don't want to cause problems with stalkers etc.
  2. Location needs to be searchable and standardized. We should easily be able to find all members in a specific country or state.
Please add this limit.

Limit Option has been added for auto-fill by IP...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I need it for both, but please start with IP.

i tried achieving same for Google results and yes it possible to achieve, it improves the result but not too much good though.

Anyhow as per google API we can have three limit option nearby to your request so the one that you will prefer more i will add limit according to it. so let me know you want establishment, region or cities based limit.
  • the (regions) type collection instructs the Places service to return any result matching the following types:
    • locality
    • sublocality
    • postal_code
    • country
    • administrative_area_level_1
    • administrative_area_level_2
  • the (cities) type collection instructs the Places service to return results that match locality or administrative_area_level_3.
  • establishment instructs the Place Autocomplete service to return only business results.

What is your website URL ? Also can u confirm if templates are created successfully ?

PS : if you need anykind of help feel free to PM me ;)
I cannot confirm if templates are created or not? Not IT savvy for sure.

I will send you my url.

I was happy to see the limit results to state/country, but for me in Canada, it still says my city.

I chose autofill by IP, limit address, and require location upon registration...

I was happy to see the limit results to state/country, but for me in Canada, it still says my city.

I chose autofill by IP, limit address, and require location upon registration...
Please provide the IP, your website URL so that i can look further into it.

if req feel free to contact via PM.

I get the "Oops! Something went wrong." error just by hovering over the field in my profile. Would you mind helping me troubleshoot this please? http://www.americanbulldoggers.com (Default 1.5 Xenforo style, facebook integration enabled). I did have IP to Country Flags add-on installed. I accidentally did not remove that one before installing yours (figured there may be a conflict between the two). Then I uninstalled Country Flags and uninstall this add-on and then installed this add-on again. No luck - same result.

I get the "Oops! Something went wrong." error just by hovering over the field in my profile. Would you mind helping me troubleshoot this please? http://www.americanbulldoggers.com (Default 1.5 Xenforo style, facebook integration enabled). I did have IP to Country Flags add-on installed. I accidentally did not remove that one before installing yours (figured there may be a conflict between the two). Then I uninstalled Country Flags and uninstall this add-on and then installed this add-on again. No luck - same result.

Please start a conversation with me with any logins so that I can check backend templates, Also I too had country flags by snog installed and have no issues at all.

Last edited:
I get Oop somthing went wrong i think with javascript.. when I type in a location in the box for registration.

Seems like google is forcing use of API key in new domains, i will release an update of addon soon which will fix the issue :)

Top Bottom