August Update discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us purchased our second year of support licenses, thinking that 1.2 would be imminent and we'd have a full year of updates. I'm all for supporting XF, which I have with several licenses. Those licenses were purchased thinking these guys were working on improving the product and providing regular updates. Once the smoke clears, the proper thing to do would be to extend licenses.

That being said, we still don't know much. Most of what I've read is assumption. If they came out and said development was stopped, people would start brandishing pitchforks.

On a side note, I hope Jake stands clear of these threads. He's been super helpful to myself and a good number of users here. These types of threads can burn out a good mod. Let's not have another Brogan.

Many of us purchased our second year of support licenses, thinking that 1.2 would be imminent and we'd have a full year of updates. I'm all for supporting XF, which I have with several licenses. Those licenses were purchased thinking these guys were working on improving the product and providing regular updates. Once the smoke clears, the proper thing to do would be to extend licenses.

That being said, we still don't know much. Most of what I've read is assumption. If they came out and said development was stopped, people would start brandishing pitchforks.

On a side note, I hope Jake stands clear of these threads. He's been super helpful to myself and a good number of users here. These types of threads can burn out a good mod. Let's not have another Brogan.

Ofcourse if they had mentioned about development earlier license renewal would have stopped /sales would have gone down :)

Oh we are fighting rumors? I thought this was about customers staying informed, but it's really about addressing rumors. That would explain the focus on disproof and the air of presumption, both of which smelled a little funny.

Whether you like it or not, yes you are. And that's purely because of the silence coming from KAM. Brogan had to quit to get them to make a statement at all.

Ashley's annoucement has that part already.

I find it astonishing that so many people haven't been appeased by it.
But but but it doesn't reveal any juicy details about anything :(

And we didn't learn anything about the private life of Kier, Mike and Ashley :(

Just give us something! We deserve it because we bought it and that gives us the right to full inside information about everything!

But but but it doesn't reveal any juicy details about anything :(

And we didn't learn anything about the private life of Kier, Mike and Ashley :(

Just give us something! We deserve it because we bought it and that gives us the right to full inside information about everything!

Shameless and inaccurate exaggeration of otherwise valid questions. Please refrain from trolling any further, you are certainly not helping.

Hi Jake,

Thanks for compiling the questions and submitting them. I really appreciate your and Slavik's efforts. I have one question which you can answer.

Will we get a post from either of K/A/M answering the submitted questions (or at least answering those they can ) or at least a post from you or Slavik, passing to us what they said?

Thank you.

I rely on my forum as my only income as I run it as a business along with selling products and advertising. My competitors run vbulletin and other forum softwares, some have many more features than mine for which it has made theirs more popular than mine this year due to a few resources we just dont have for Xenforo yet, and ive even stated that ill pitch in enough money to get a project started but no ones interested.

I absolutely love Xenforo as a Forum, everything about it is perfect for my members but overall there is other forum softwares such as IP Suite which has it all and has everything I really need in order to grow my business much more than it is with the store integration and so on (yes Xenforo has like one option but its ridiculously buggy!)

My main issue at the moment is wondering if more developers are going to still stay around in order to get some resources I really need for my website.

Is it worth me putting a hold on growing my business and wait 5 more months to see the outcome is the question....

Hi Jake,

Thanks for compiling the questions and submitting them. I really appreciate your and Slavik's efforts. I have one question which you can answer.

Will we get a post from either of K/A/M answering the submitted questions (or at least answering those they can ) or at least a post from you or Slavik, passing to us what they said?

Thank you.

Yup

Oh we are fighting rumors?

Yes.

What would make sense would be:
1. XenForo developers are no longer talking on line because (lawyers told us not to because, we don't have time, we are not going to continue with company, we took jobs elsewhere)
2. Xenforo developers are spending 0-60 hours a week on development.
3. If 2 is greater than zero, our current priority list of features for 1.2 is Mobile Skin, Resource Manager, etc. and we estimate it will take X hours of work to Beta Release.
4. Lawsuit update, we settled, are still contesting, have been advised to stop contesting, we have no more money to contest, trials will be X dates.
5. XenForo developers are still with company or not.

Basically tell folks what is going on with the product, company and developers.

Nothing else makes sense.

You, a non-employee, nothing. The company, embodied by KAM, the reasons for all of this.
The "reasons" for all this? The lawsuit, maybe? I too agree and share the puzzlement regarding why there couldn't be more simple involvement with the community (aside from forum development); but maybe the lawyers are behind that as well.

So maybe that would be my question to Slavik to pass on to KAM: how does the lawsuit affect their interaction with the community? Why don't they interact more, aside from the actual development?

As everyone else here he is entitled to his own opinion. Let's not start attacking each other.
He's not entitled to spam the thread with endless doom and gloom. He's entitled to make one post, where he shares his personal views; not bowdlerize the thread and dominate the conversation with just his own personal opinions and feelings that are shared by nobody else.

XF in it's current state is great. I don't care if they take 6 months off until after the lawsuit
Yes.

Exactly.

He's not entitled to spam the thread with endless doom and gloom. He's entitled to make one post, where he shares his personal views; not bowdlerize the thread and dominate the conversation with just his own personal opinions and feelings that are shared by nobody else.
Are you unfamiliar with forum discussions?

I actually disagree completely with Floren and also do not wish to read doom and gloom, but they are his concerns, his opinions and he has the right to voice them. Even though my opinions are different, I'm not about to essentially tell him to shut up.

Okay, so given earlier posts here, you've settled in the lawsuit? So that would mean it should be ending soon, no?

I'm disappointed in the announcement. Both in the wording and content (or lack thereof).

We're being fed overly sanitized statements and it's just not doing it for this customer any more. Unless I see some substantial forward movement and a courtesy extension of our licenses come January, they won't be getting any more of my money.

Moderators here are really brave and do have a deep self control. Hats off. About personal issues, it's something normal to have when people are under stress. I hope the team will get better and come back all together with a co-signed message, if possible before January 2013 ;)

For the rest of the topic I already gave my opinion here a few month ago.

Keep it touch :)

P.S: by the way if help is needed, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom