Audentio Design a membership site?

• Yes

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

Dad.

Hey guys!

I had an idea to make Audentio Design a membership site as opposed to single products and was wondering which way you all preferred.

I was thinking about selling it at $55/yr. But that would get you the right to download any product you wanted for any platform. It might not make much sense at the moment, but our goal is 50 products by the end of the year. You would be able to try any product you wanted for an unlimited amount of sites.

Thoughts?

Just an idea, but I thought people might prefer it.

Thanks,
Mike

I welcome the idea! For instance; I have a Joomlart 5 Year standard Joomla membership which allows me to use any of their Joomla themes up to 10 sites. They gave me a great deal for 165 USD, which I extended it for 5 years more. They release one new theme each month, so it really is worth it.

For whoever said no, just curious but how come?

And I might be able to pull off both, but I dont want to complicate things. I feel like this might make things easier.

People don't need a million XF themes IMO. The XF development community may but it seems that is not a huge market. You would have to own a large part for that to work for you IMO.

People don't need a million XF themes IMO. The XF development community may but it seems that is not a huge market. You would have to own a large part for that to work for you IMO.
Im aware it isn't a huge market, but its my favorite market <3 We work just as hard no matter how many customers we have.

Seems like a risky business move. From the end user PoV, who wouldn't want to pay $1 a style? Thats what your suggesting...

I would benefit from it and i say "yes", because I have more than 1 forums that I could use the styles on.

Well thats the idea though isn't it? More for less.

Like I said, from an end user PoV, fantastic.

From your point of view, are you willing to support and update styles for pennies each year.

Say you got 100 signed up at $50, nice, $5000 in the back pocket. But by the time you divide that between the 50 styles, thats a mere $100 per style to keep it up to date each year. I say "mere" because, I assume at $20-$30 a pop for your high quality work, you sell more than 4-5 a year on each style.

Are you willing to do that?

I'd hate to see a company such as yours disappear due to overcommiting and under funding.

I agree partly with Slavik that it needs to be more calculated on your side. 50 styles sounds way too many. I would say 10 are more than enough to give motivation to potential subscribers.

Say you got 100 signed up at $50, nice, $5000 in the back pocket. But by the time you divide that between the 50 styles, thats a mere $100 per style to keep it up to date each year. I say "mere" because, I assume at $20-$30 a pop for your high quality work, you sell more than 4-5 a year on each style.

I see 1 framework, 9 styles. Your math isn't close to correct. Assuming he has done 50 styles likely means his business has grown an an immense rate.

If he has grown to 50 styles, you can almost bet he has more than simply 100memberships.

If I were in your shoes, I would price it like digitalpoint, $25 for 1 month. Cancel at anytime, resubscribe whenever.

Ok someone subs, downloads all your styles, good for them, what happens when they need an upgrade or support? Well, good news for you :)

Top Bottom