Add-on Auctions For XF2

@JoyFreak, could you provide us with some more information about on how to create an auction featured forum with the XenForo Features.
Many thanks
I can't comment on an auction featured forum but I'm sure with some CSS and creative imagination, you can make it possible with the article thread type that XF 2.1+ offers. I provided a link to my forum as an example, I'm currently using all the built-in features to create a "market" or my vision of a market at the very least. As I've said before, you'll only really need a feedback system to help with that side of things but there is an add-on available for that. I did think about building my own using XF's built-in profile posts but decided against it as it will require work and I wanted to work at the very minimal.

I don't know what other information you need unless you're going to ask me to do it for you but I'm not looking for that kind of work.

It's a shame this never came to be. This may be something to see if it could be an extension type addon to another Classifieds system already existing...it WOULD be useful to allow auctions as a type.

View attachment 183499
Hello Xen community! Xenforo is amazing and I feel it needs to peak a bit more and have an auctions addon. Since I first purchased my Xenforo license, this has been something I always felt was missing for this software. Feel free to comment if you agree or disagree with me!

My favorite quote is: "Life is our book written by the choices we make". Let's add another chapter and advance Xenforo even more by adding these features and options for XF2. Just pop a like if you agree with me and want this to advance any further. If you have any suggestions for a developer, please mention your recommendations as this is something I'm interested into investing into.

Here is a list of requirements I believe would be needed in such a project.

Functions

• upload and attach images for auction
  • about information for auction

Starting Bid

- seller can setup a starting bid amount for their auction
-bid button will be displayed
-bid amount can be pre set for certain amount of price, or can be any amount that bidder chooses to imply

Reserved Price

-seller can set a reserved price for their auction (minimal price they are willing to accept)
-reserved price would be displayed in auction if reserved price has been set

Buy Now

- seller can set a buy now price (this would be optional)
-buy now will be a button placed if buy now price has been set

Counter

-seller can setup the time frame the auction will run
-count down or counter for time frame will be visible

Auction Notifications

-Email notification when bid has been submitted
-Email notification when reserved price has been fulfilled
-Email notification when buy now price has been fulfilled
-Email notification when there is a comment or message for auction
-Alert notification when a bid had been submitted
-Alert notification when reserved price has been fulfilled
-Alert notification when buy now price has been fulfilled
-Alert notification when there is a comment or message for auction

Auction Placement

-auction page
-auction tab
-auction widget
-auctions for threads

Conclusion

Auctions can be used for any cause to raise money for your site, or just sell any products. Any site can have their own auctions and it does drive traffic in. This addon would need some way of security. Payments would be best if it was integrated with the default Xenforo payment options. More payment choices is best fit in my opinion. Like I mentioned before, please comment here any ideas or suggestions you may have and let's see if we can get this rolling. :)

I made a suggestion a while back for a new type of thread that could function as an auction. If you like the suggestion, give it an up vote:

Top Bottom