Attachments Watermark Addon for XF2?

frankdavis

I did see a link but when trying to go there it says I do not have permission. Can anyone point me to a watermark addon for XF2? For attachments?

No. Watermark add-on does not reduce any quality of image.
I'm not sure how that's possible, unless it's a gif or a uncompressed pgn.

Most are jpegs, so every time it's exported it will lose quality won't it? I think it should just be part of the image optimiser and done once.

I'm not sure how that's possible, unless it's a gif or a uncompressed pgn.

Most are jpegs, so every time it's exported it will lose quality won't it? I think it should just be part of the image optimiser and done once.
@HJW Xenforo has its' own renderer so by the time of loading of an image it calls a method named as renderRaw, which then convert .data file to an image. So if we apply our watermark during that time then quality of an image wouldn't be disturbed.

Reactions: HJW
@HJW Xenforo has its' own renderer so by the time of loading of an image it calls a method named as renderRaw, which then convert .data file to an image. So if we apply our watermark during that time then quality of an image wouldn't be disturbed.
Ah thanks, that makes some sense.

All the data files seem to just be images but with the extension changed, so am I right in thinking the renderer doesn't really do much other than just load the data file? Could adding a watermark each time an image called affect speed and processing?

All the data files seem to just be images but with the extension changed, so am I right in thinking the renderer doesn't really do much other than just load the data file? Could adding a watermark each time an image called affect speed and processing?
That idea really effected to speed or processing. Everytime load image it’s processing again and again.

Rendering an image on default rendering time is more efficient than to create a watermarked image and store it in your disk.
Also there is drawback of permanently watermarking your image which is not able to retrieve the original image in future.
However both options are quite acceptable depends on your need.

Top Bottom