Implemented Attachments for PC

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have never really understood the need/reason behind being able to send items in private messages.
It seems to add a level of possible abuse, since you can not see what is going on there.
As long as there is an on and off switch I do not see a problem with the feature though.

I could have used this yesterday, so +1.

As far as storage limiting, why not give each user a total storage quota? This would be used for regular attachments, attachments in PC's, and anything you may implement/add in the future such as a gallery, file hosting addon, etc. It would make things extremely clear to users: "You have 50MB of storage: you can use it however you want throughout the site, in albums, attachments, etc." :) This is a much better approach than you have X amount of storage for galleries, X amount for regular attachments, X amount for private conversations, etc. :)

something I'd like to see with PC's is maybe attachments on a time limit, say be able to see how long the attachment will stay in the PC for set period of time, then purge it's self. Example, leave it in system for 48 hours, then nuke its self. To keep storage loads down. Just ideas.

something I'd like to see with PC's is maybe attachments on a time limit, say be able to see how long the attachment will stay in the PC for set period of time, then purge it's self. Example, leave it in system for 48 hours, then nuke its self. To keep storage loads down. Just ideas.

Could you give an example where you would want attachments disappear from a user perspective? I would be extremely upset if they disappeared from my emails.

Still no response from the developers. Can we expect to see this option?

If I had a nickel for every suggestion/question/bug that hasn't been addressed by the devs yet, I'm pretty sure I'd be almost rich. :p

Kier said:
We are currently investigating ways to make the suggestions forum more manageable for everyone. If your thread has not received a reply from one of us and should have done, we are sorry and we will try to get around to each thread as time allows. We want to give each suggestion and request the consideration it deserves, and there simply has not been enough time to do that yet with so many being posted.
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ng-suggestions.1292/

Still no response from the developers. Can we expect to see this option?

Kier said:
If your thread has not received a reply from one of us and should have done, we are sorry and we will try to get around to each thread as time allows. We want to give each suggestion and request the consideration it deserves, and there simply has not been enough time to do that yet with so many being posted.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/moderator-ii-and-regarding-suggestions.1292/ ;)

Yes, I want this. I've always wanted attachments in private conversations.

However, I also am a strong believer in keeping the personal conversations just that. A conversation.
And it shouldn't end up as a 'private thread in a mini forum with all the forum features'.

So I am split about this opinion.

I was just wondering if you could add PM Attachment Support? I have been looking for a solid product to offer this feature, however, the only product I could find was IPB.

Please let me know.

Thanks

definitely support this!!! +1.000.000!

This thread was started before the number of likes in the first post meant anything (I think), if you want this you may want to Like the first post.
The ability to have attachments to personal conversations would be a *huge* plus. Currently people trade their email addresses and do everything by email when they want to exchange attachments privately, or semi privately in a small group.
What happens is people trade emails addresses specifically to send attachments. Then they tend to communicate via email instead of on our forum, and our forum looses activity.

For us, this would be extremely important.

I'd like this too. I've suggested it for vB3 or 4 and it fell on deaf ears, with people saying 'there's no demand for it'. Well there's lots of times I have wanted to send attachments without the hassle of going to email. Especially between mods/admin staff. I agree there needs to be some control, maybe enabling it for certain established usergroups or having aggressive limits (per attachment or overall space used). This is another option I'd like to see available and the admin decides whether to enable it - so everyone is happy. On my forum for example I have people wanting to exchange price lists and trade catalogues etc and they cannot by PM.

Top Bottom