Implemented Attachments for PC

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I understand the concern for illegal files.

I don't. It is not the task for an admin to check files sent in private areas. It's just like sending an e-mail. Your mail service provider doesn't give a heck about what you are sending privately and so it's with attachments to PC - as long as it's not meant to be used for illegal actions.

I use private forums (OP and admin only) for most of the above kind of stuff.
As PC are some "kind" of private forums I can't see any reason why this should be very hard to implement. From a technical point of view I think this was a way to keep most things simple and I like the feature, but I also need attachments to PC.
In my forum many people deal with private data and attaching a private document to a private message is much easier than sending it via e-mail. At least you won't have to give your mail address away.

One of our forums is a "service center" and we exchange document, invoices etc. (vB3 PN with Addon).
Therefore is a PC with Attachements a must for this forum.

If the conversation is "left" the attachments should auto delete. Well after/if we get the ability to mass delete/leave PC's In a perfect world scenario of course :D

I'd coded this add-on for my forum a few weeks back.. I'd be willing to share if there's enough interest, but I'd like a few testers first. If anyone's interested, send a PC my way.

To note, there are no quota restrictions, nor do I plan on implementing them. Attachments do not expire. They are unassociated (and subsequently removed) when/if all users leave the conversation. There are 2 permissions, one to upload and one to view. There are no custom restrictions, they just follow the regular post restrictions (attachments per message, size, types, etc).

To me the only solution to being able to have file sharing in PC and not worry about illegal file sharing (in the core product) is to have a central fileshare system with its own page where users can manage their "shares" and the corresponding permissions for each ( add more users per share , public options, private options) and admins can moderate this area if need be and somehow have files shared in private messages automatically create a private share from you to conversation participant/s ...this is assuming this is wanted it in the core product. As an addon I'm interested in any attempts at a system be it simple or complex ...Can't wait to see what you have come up with Jeremy.

I'd coded this add-on for my forum a few weeks back.. I'd be willing to share if there's enough interest, but I'd like a few testers first. If anyone's interested, send a PC my way.

To note, there are no quota restrictions, nor do I plan on implementing them. Attachments do not expire. They are unassociated (and subsequently removed) when/if all users leave the conversation. There are 2 permissions, one to upload and one to view. There are no custom restrictions, they just follow the regular post restrictions (attachments per message, size, types, etc).
I'm very busy, but i'm really interessted in this one, so i would take some time for testing:)

To me the only solution to being able to have file sharing in PC and not worry about illegal file sharing (...)

I don't worry about that at all. There are much better ways to share files than private conversations. And - at least in Germany - I am not responsible for the things users do unless I know about it.
They could also share email addresses and send copyrighted material via mail. That is not my responsibility, too.

Top Bottom