Resource icon

Attachment Viewer 0.9.1

No permission to download
Any news? I think this would have great potential. Happy to also look to fund it elsewhere if the writer is snowed under...

As an aletrnative it would be great if users could see other users attachments?

attachview-jpg.26421

Impressive !

install.new.addon.from.attachment.viewer.zip.webp
Will this work ?

I assume not.

Download the zip and install accordingly.
Upload: /library
Install Addon: Upload XML file via the Admin area.

Suggestion:
Can this be updated to allow users to delete their attachments, even if they are not allowed to delete/edit their posts?

Would be cool if this could be modded so that when a user is posting a reply/new thread,they are able to choose from their attachments to put into the post. Would save a lot of time on my forum!

I had this developed by XFRocks, it does what I need it to.

I figure any more function beyond what it does really should be from XenForo so that proper management of attachments could be handled.

I had this developed by XFRocks, it does what I need it to.

I figure any more function beyond what it does really should be from XenForo so that proper management of attachments could be handled.
ok. I get that. And it does do a great job. But I fail to see how its useful when,if a member wants to post the same image numerous times,they have to constantly re-upload it. It also puts uneccesary strain on the server too IMO.

ok. I get that. And it does do a great job. But I fail to see how its useful when,if a member wants to post the same image numerous times,they have to constantly re-upload it. It also puts uneccesary strain on the server too IMO.

Well, we had it made just for that reason... the user just copies the URL to the attachment and inserts it into their NEW posts. This keeps them from uploading again. Attachments being viewed are not TIED to the original post, they can be used anywhere.

It doesn't work... I don't get a "My Attachments Page" link showing up, nor does the /myforum/attachments/mine/ work either. :cry:

Hi

Is this add on compatible with 1.2, or has its' functionality been integrated into the 1.2 core features?

Cheers!

I am looking for a similar add-on as I use a lot of images for my news threads. Let's say I already made 4 news threads about the same game GTA 5.

The easiest way to find attachments from those 4 news threads would be if I could:

1. filter by forum (from screen I can tell, that is possible)
2. filter by thread title (entering gta 5 would find only attachments from threads with GTA 5 in title)
3. filter by tags (will only find attachments from threads tagged byt word GTA 5)
4. filter by filename (would be very useful)

Is it possible to sort (ascending, descending) attachments by filename?

With this add-on am I able to view only my own attachments or can I view all the attachments made on my site?

Nice addon and working at AVForums, thank you.
One bit of feedback. Throughout the system, the standard seems to be 'Your stuff' E.g. Your Content. And the Bookmarks addon follows this with Your Bookmarks.
I have changed the phrase from My Attachments to Your Attachments. You might want to consider changing this in your core addon.

Also could there be an Attachments entry in a user's profile please?
temp1.webp

Thanks

Last edited:
Attachments from soft deleted posts are showing up. Is there a way to not have these posts and attachments show up in the attachment viewer?

Top Bottom