XF 1.5 Associate Facebook Account

Maybe I am missing something, however, what is the benefit to associating your Facebook account? It mentions this Associating with Facebook makes it easier to share interesting things with your friends and import content from Facebook here, however, I do not see anywhere that this information is being shared?

Thanks in advance!

It's mostly that it allows you to login via Facebook, though if you register using it, we will pull in some data from FB. Further integration hasn't happened (and to be honest, probably won't at this point with FB's extensive app permission changes).

I have a related question, Is it possible to de-associate a facebook account from a member from the adminCP?
How can I remove the connection with someones FB in the adminCP?

I tried to do this a few days ago and couldn't find it. :confused:

It's mostly that it allows you to login via Facebook, though if you register using it, we will pull in some data from FB. Further integration hasn't happened (and to be honest, probably won't at this point with FB's extensive app permission changes).
Thanks Mike, this is kinda what I thought, however, wanted to ask.

I have a related question, Is it possible to de-associate a facebook account from a member from the adminCP?
How can I remove the connection with someones FB in the adminCP?

I tried to do this a few days ago and couldn't find it. :confused:
No, they have to do it from the front end (it may require the system generating a password and contacting them).

Top Bottom